(Closed) 2/2/2013

posted 6 years ago in February 2013
Post # 3
13 posts
Newbee

I have the same date! I really liked the sound of February 2nd…didn’t even realize at the time it was ground hog day. What’s your theme?

Post # 4
75 posts
Worker bee

I”m aalso on this day!

Post # 5
13 posts
Newbee

Where is everyone landed in the planning process?

Post # 6
13 posts
Newbee

So far i have booked the

ceremony

reception – food, alcohol

Centerpieces

Cake

Photographer

Ring Bearer pillow

Money Box

Garter

There is so much left to do!

Post # 7
Hostess
7561 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

I’m on 2/2 also! 

So far we have –

Booked the venue (comes with food, flowers, bar, cake and DJ)

Found a photographer and put her contract in the mail

Picked out bouquets

Oh and BOUGHT A DRESS! Yay!

We moved up the wedding from summer 2013 but I’m still doing green! Here’s my new inspiration board. 

Post # 8
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Yay for Groundhog Day brides!!! Obviously this is my date, too 🙂

Hm, let’s see – We have reserved the church, booked a reception place, ordered my dress, sent out save the dates, chosen the photographer, settled on wedding party. Working out smaller details is really all that’s left. But these details are important! i’m still looking for a live band instead of a DJ, still looking for a veil and shoes, etc.

At first I wanted to go with a winter wonderland and use lots of ice blue/powder blue but have since changed my mind. Now the palette is pale pink, white and silver. I’ve decided to carry sweet avalanche roses. Bridesmaids will also have a small avalanche bouquet and are wearing a soft gray chiffon dress. I guess the “theme” is soft, sweet and romantic.

I love how the date looks – 2.2.13

Post # 10
75 posts
Worker bee

We have booked:

• church
  • reception
  • photographer
  • florist/decorator (including ceremony and reception decor)
  • cake
  • my dress is in and picked up, so just have to get alterations done
  • bridesmaid dresses picked
  • Registry is done at two different stores

We are doing the stationary ourselves and have the files all made. We just have to print them off.

The only major things left are DJ and ceremony musicians.

We are staying away from the traditional colors of a winter wedding. We are going for a very classic feel. Colors will be black, ivory and gold with accents of silver. We are bringing in subtle touches of the winter wedding with using some pine trees on the stationary and the using pine branches for greenry in the bouquets and half of the centerpieces.

My girls are all in black floor length satin dresses from DB – it was their choice of dress. Guys will be in black tux’s with bow ties. 

Post # 11
141 posts
Blushing bee

We are getting married Feb 2nd too but as I am in Australia it is actually a summer wedding, pretty much one of the hottest months, so that is a tad scary but we are down at the beach where it usually has a nice breeze in our location. We are ona gorgeous little grassy garden over looking the ocean in a bay. Our colour are Aqua and white, hints of lace and burlap. 
I have:

• My dress: Allure 2501
  • Bridemaids dress (got one now to order the other 3) Aqua, strapless, maxi dress
  • Booked reception
  • Made invites (now to send them out)
  • Organised cake
  • Booked photographer
  • Booked DJ
  • Booked Music (Acoutic duo – friends)
  • Hair and makeup booked
  • Booked the decor hire – table cover, chair, arch, etc
  • Booked Celebrant just last week
  • Organised my card box

If you go to my name and find my post – Our beach inspired wedding, you can see more. Pretty well organised. I have made lots of other things like the bomboniere gifts which a little potted succulents, making the table names and numbers etc.

Post # 12
141 posts
Blushing bee

Just over 1 month to go ladies. How are we all feeling prepared?

Post # 13
Hostess
7561 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

@Becky33:  Almost prepared! We’re not going back to the city in which we’re having our wedding until 2 weeks out though. 

Post # 14
141 posts
Blushing bee

Happy wedding day to all you married ladies, I hope your day was perfect and everything you dreamed of, as was ours. So happy 😀

Here is a couple of photosfrom our day.

Dad walking me downt he aisle

It started to lightly spit but as it was a little hot it was actually refreshing and because it started to lightly spit the girls got their umbrellas out which made for some extra lovely photos.

The bridal party, the sunshine came back out for the ring exchanges and signing and family photos so it was all perfect. 

And our reception before anyone had got their yet.

The topic ‘2/2/2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors