(Closed) 23 days late

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 16
4014 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I missed my period randomly last September. It just skipped a month and sometimes it just happens :-/

sorry you are going through this, I would just take an at home test!

Post # 17
621 posts
Busy bee

frommisstomrs.:  I have been where you’ve been, and I know this is hard, but I hope you can find a way to accept now that you are not pregnant. It’s so hard when you want to be and your body is co confusing you, but you’ve said you moved up your timeline so soon hopefully it will work out for you. This situation is not that strange – you likely were late because of being sick and taking medication, as happens from time to time. You’ve said that you now stopped taking your birth control because you thought you might be pregnant. Many people don’t get periods back immediately after going off the pill. You’ve changed the hormones that your body is used to getting and it takes a while to regulate. By now, an HPT would be accurate and you’ve had a negative blood test. Try to look forward to TTC soon instead of continuing to hope when all the signs say no. Good luck to you

Post # 18
214 posts
Helper bee

frommisstomrs.:  Are you still taking the BCPs?  Not sure if its been mentioned before but while I was on BCPs there were many months when I didn’t get a period and it was related to the hormones from the pill not being pregnant.  I ended up switching pills and my period came back.  Also in case you were wondering this had no effect on me getting pregnant and I ended up getting pregnant on our first TTC cycle.  

Post # 19
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

All blood tests are done qualitatively at first. If no beta hcg is detected it’s reported as negative or <1 usually. It’s only if there is beta-hcg detected that they do a quantitative test Which requires diluting. It’s time intensive and there’s no point if you already know there’s no beta-hcg

Post # 20
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

After being on BC for 9 years my cycles were about 52 days when I first stopped taking it. My guess is you’ll have long cycles for a while if you’ve been on BC for a number of years. This is just from personal experience, and I know everyone is different though.

The topic ‘23 days late’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors