(Closed) 23 days to go- NO registry purchases? Normal?

posted 5 years ago in Gifts and Registries
  • poll: Is this normal?
    NO! : (1 votes)
    4 %
    Kindof- Maybe a last minute rush : (8 votes)
    35 %
    YES! : (9 votes)
    39 %
    I have no idea : (5 votes)
    22 %
  • Post # 3
    7219 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2015

You’re three weeks out. You are the only one thinking about your wedding at this point! Don’t worry about it. Seriously… my family is Mexican and you better believe EVERYONE buys their gifts on the way to the wedding and wraps up the boxes in the parking lot. No joke.

Post # 4
    1710 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013 - Walt Disney World

@MexiPino:  You’re awesome!  You had me and Fiance giggling.  :-p

Post # 5
    7219 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2015

@prisigtr:  I didn’t mention that I have “Car tape, Car tissue paper and Car gift tags” in my trunk for exactly these occassions. LOL 

Post # 6
    301 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@MexiPino:  LOL! I am totally this person…I bought my last wedding gift off of someone’s registry two days before their destination wedding and just had it mailed to their house. I brought a card to the wedding so they wouldn’t think I forgot about them.

But yeah, there will be a gift rush a few days before your wedding. Don’t stress πŸ™‚

Post # 8
    428 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I work in the home department at Macy’s. Most registry purchases are made within the week before a gift-giving event (shower, wedding, whatev). Once in a while, I get a customer who is really on top of things and makes a purchase 2-3 weeks in advance, but more often than not they’re frantically searching for something with hours to spare.

Unfortunately, things like fine china or crystal have to be ordered and require a bit more lead time, so many of those items go unpurchased because people would rather not send something that “won’t be there on time”. Younger people tend to be more relaxed about the gift-giving time frame, though.

Post # 9
    1044 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

@MexiPino:  LOL!!! You just brought me back to when my mom is trying to fill out a card on the dashboard “dame el lapiz!” hahahah!

@k_trini05:  First thing that came to mind when I read your post is that people are bringing you cash!

Post # 10
    110 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@MexiPino:  haha! Oh my that is my family exactly! Wrapping up gifts in the parking lot out of the trunk of their car!

Post # 11
    6743 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2014

In my region, it’s much more common to give cash.  I’m sure some people will be bringing cash.  That and what PPs said – no one is usually that on top of things.  I’ve learned to be when it’s someone really close because I hate the last minute rush and I had to have all the good stuff taken, but most people are not like me.. lol πŸ™‚

The topic ‘23 days to go- NO registry purchases? Normal?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors