(Closed) 23 days until RSVP deadline and we barely have 1/2 of them back!

posted 7 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
46371 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Why waste energy worrying about things that haven’t happened yet?

Your guests have over 3 weeks left to respond by your RSVP deadline.

You only need to phone those who have not responded by your deadline, so be sure to allot some time for this task around that date.

Post # 4
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

@eebgniddew: I haven’t sent out invites yet, but if it were this close to the date.. I would for sure start my phone calls to find out for sure 🙂 But I have no patience!

Post # 5
1189 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Don’t worry, a lot of them will come in right before and after the deadline. Give it until at least a few days past your deadline before you start your calls/ emails.

Post # 6
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

people love to procrastinate. we didn’t get all of our RSVPs even after the deadline has passed. you will most likely need to make some calls/texts to the non-responders. it’s annoying but not worth stressing about until it happens.

Post # 7
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Agreed – wait until a day or two after the deadline and then hit the phone.  Until then… enlist your bridal party and close family to nudge those people to send theirs back.

Good luck!

Post # 8
4887 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I realize that this might seem like tomorrow in Bride Land, but 23 days is a long time in Regular Human Land.  Don’t even worry about it until a few days after your deadline!  Seriously not worth the stress 🙂

Post # 9
122 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i had the same problem….i knew this would happen as a similar situation happend to my friend. in anycase, which is why i sent out the invitations way in advanced but still have a few that have not responded and kind of ignoring our messages to we just RSVP no for them and if they come….we WILL reject them. i know that sounds pretty mean but to us….with all the planning and efforts we made to make sure they RSVP and give them an invite. its a lot of stress for us to not here from them at all which i would think they know they are doing.

Post # 10
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Don’t fret- most people hold onto them and mail them the week they are due. Give it a few more weeks and then contact those as a friendly reminder that they are due.

The topic ‘23 days until RSVP deadline and we barely have 1/2 of them back!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors