(Closed) 23 days until the wedding and my dress isn't in…

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
426 posts
Helper bee

You are lucky. I ordered mine in Jan and it came in end of a Aug! (At the time I was supposed to get married Oct 3) They told me they could do rush alterations but it would be an extra charge. I was told they’ve done alterations in a night.  Don’t fret. Just make sure you can get time off for trips to the dress shop.

Post # 4
5144 posts
Bee Keeper

I know this probably doesn’t help but I am sure it will turn up in time. My friends wedding dress went AWOL and 3 days before the wedding she was still waiting for it. It all worked out ok in the end. Best of luck.

Post # 5
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Good luck, keep positive. It will come in, in time

Post # 6
2270 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Mangomosa:  Whoa. In this situation, I totally recommend wine. Lots of wine.

If you’re working in a bridal shop do you have any pull? Could you get the new dress that you love in time? Would it need crazy alterations? 

Post # 8
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I’m sure it’ll turn up! I ordered mine in December and it was ready two weeks ago. I get married in two weeks!  I was told that they can hem the dress in one day if need be.

I understand your anxiety but I’m sure it’ll come!

edit: I picked up my dress last night so that was exactly two weeks before I fly off to my DW.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  .
Post # 11
261 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Mangomosa:  Ask for a refund and buy online, use two-day shipping and have it altered locally if it worries you so much. They’re being very unprofessional. If they aren’t meeting the terms of their agreement, I think you have every right to ask for a refund.

Post # 12
554 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Mangomosa:  I’m glad to hear your dress is finally here! What a relief! I had the same feeling/angst because it’s not i could pick up my dress at the last minute as it’s a destination wedding. Two weeks before is better late than never.

The topic ‘23 days until the wedding and my dress isn't in…’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors