(Closed) 243 Days! So close but so far!

posted 9 years ago in March 2010
Post # 3
309 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Wahooo (early morning) March Love — and a date twin!

We recently booked our photographer (already taken care of: venue, reception, catering, florist, tentatively cake). I set up our web site yesterday and will be ordering our Save-The-Date Cards from Vista Print just as soon as they send me a coupon. 😀 I can’t wait to get those addressed and out.

Next month I’m flying to Atlanta (where the wedding will be) to try on dresses and pick a Bridesmaid or Best Man color (they pick the dresses) with my Maid/Matron of Honor. Fiance is also researching hotels that run shuttles to our venue for blocks and looking into a DJ.

I think we’re in that nice phase where everything is close enough to finally start to seem real but soooo close that it makes us panicky! Love it!

Post # 4
705 posts
Busy bee

We have our STD’s mailed out, photographer, videographer and cosmetology booked.  Yesterday I just ordered materials to make our inviations. Both MoB and MoH dresses have been ordered!!  I feel like I don’t have anything to do for a while now, lol.

Post # 5
818 posts
Busy bee

Don’t have Save-The-Date Cards done yet, but we just had our engagement pictures done yesterday so when we get those back, we’ll do the STDs!!!

Post # 6
250 posts
Helper bee

Done: ceremony and reception venues, photographer, officiant confirmed.

Not done: Save-The-Date Cards and wedding website, cake, flowers, dress.  Maid/Matron of Honor is shopping for her own dress.  Fiance and Groomsmen can take care of own clothing. 

Fiance also says he’s taking sole responsibility for the rehearsal dinner.  I am slightly worried about this (and I also don’t know why he wants to do this), but am trying to trust that he will figure out something beyond steaks in the backyard…

Happy planning, ladies!

Post # 7
774 posts
Busy bee

I have been gathering things here and there like fans, paper, ribbon…buying embosser, pads, powder, stamps, cuddlebug, sticker machine. I checked Mint.com the other day and say I’ve already spent about $700 on wedding related expenses!

Done already:

booked venue for ceremony and reception

sent Save-The-Date Cards

have favor boxes

matchbooks

bubbles, ribbon and tulle to assemply (just need to print out tags)

Started already:

Tissue packets

talking about flowers, centerpieces, vases, table numbers

Doing in the next month:

ordering invitations

finalizing decision for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses 

Doing in the next two months:

booking photographer and scheduling e-pics

ordering dress

I have felt like the 8 month mark has crept up on me and after sending the Save-The-Date Cards it seems like I took a hiatus so now I am in full wedding planning mode. 🙂

The topic ‘243 Days! So close but so far!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors