(Closed) 25 days out and registry is virtually untouched…tiny bit of a registry rant

posted 7 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Lots of people think it’s rude to put registry info inside the invite to the wedding, FWIW.

Post # 4
653 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Did you not have a bridal shower? I normally give money on the wedding day. Experience from my bridal shower people did wait for last minute to buy gifts off our registry.

Post # 5
3374 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I normally bring money to a wedding, gift to a bridal shower.

Post # 6
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Maybe they are looking at the registry and choosing gifts from it, but just not having the store scan the registry to take it off when they purchase it.  That happened to me at my shower and I ended up with a few duplicates.

Post # 8
1963 posts
Buzzing bee

I don’t give physical wedding gifts.  It does suck though that people are asking about physical gifts and not looking at your registry.

And no, usually its considered poor etiquette to include your registry info in your invite.  To each her own though.

EDIT: If I did give physical gifts, I probably would shop for them closer to the wedding.

Post # 10
132 posts
Blushing bee

EDIT:  Ooops, nevermind. 🙂

Post # 11
3461 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

People just don’t buy that far in advance.  I usually buy ~1-3 weeks beforehand, depending on what else I have going on in my life.  Be patient.  🙂

Post # 12
3374 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I do feel bad for you though. My wedding is in November and we’ve had about a gift a week arriving (wedding gifts, not shower or engagement). I’m sorry!! I think in the future I’ll make a point to givng the bride her gift early.

Post # 13
1763 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@kay01: Agree completely. It us usually something I do the week of. Life is just too busy to plan that far a head. Especially this time of year with kids going back to school and starting sports.

Post # 14
132 posts
Blushing bee

@kay01: I’m the same way.  I’m a major procrastinator, and I’m afraid that applies to buying gifts as well as everything else. 

Post # 16
899 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think MidwestBride2012 misread your original post and thought you put the registry information on the card in the invitation envelope, not the wedding website. But don’t worry, you did exactly what I think is proper etiquette.

It’s one thing if they get you something totally different that wasn’t on the registry (something unique or personal) but I can imagine it is frustrating to receive “home essentials” that you specifically registered for and then receive something different (like the bedding). Let’s just hope they include the receipt!

Fiance and I aren’t always on top of things (like buying gifts for weddings) so usually we look at the registry a couple days before the wedding and get something then – so hopefully that is the case with a lot of your guests.

The topic ‘25 days out and registry is virtually untouched…tiny bit of a registry rant’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors