(Closed) 25 days out and registry is virtually untouched…tiny bit of a registry rant

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 17
14969 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Chill….For my shower, nothing was really touched until maybe the week before.  When I look at registries to buy gifts for other people, I dont normally see things flying off it until maybe week or two before the wedding also.

Post # 19
3461 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@PinkMagnolia: Why feel badly or strive to give early?  I never understand why brides get anxious early about it.  The reason for the occasion (wedding) hasn’t happened yet.

Post # 20
391 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’d hate to lug a ton of gifts home after my wedding FWIW.

@MidwestBride2012: btw, I read it that way too.

Post # 21
2410 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Most of our gifts were bought a few days befpre the wedding and a good amount after. Someone just called me today to ask for registry info…we;ve been married 2.5 months. Don’t worry, they will use it.

Post # 23
1326 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Tre Bella, Mesa, AZ

I’m crossing my fingers that people are just bringing cards. We had no bridal shower, and only 8 things have been purchased off of our registry. Our wedding is Saturday…

I don’t think it’s gift-grabby. We’ve spent 10K on this wedding; I’m not expecting anything, but…it’s a formal wedding. Duh.

Post # 25
583 posts
Busy bee

Honestly, I wait until the week of, day before, and sometimes even the day of to buy wedding gifts.  The last wedding I went to, we had to travel a very long distance and with the way it worked into our lives, I ended up having to get an Amazon gift card at the grocery store.  I felt absolutely horrible, but with the way we traveled, it was all I could manage.

I seriously wouldn’t worry about it.  And some registries have a sale where you can buy anything off your list that you didn’t get for 20% off, so you can use any cash you get for that!

Post # 26
1326 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Tre Bella, Mesa, AZ

@swanks4tw: Aw, thank you. 🙂

Post # 27
374 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Don’t stress.  Maybe you’ll end up getting a bunch of money??  Our wedding is 11 days away and we’ve had 3 gifts purchased with about the same number of guests.  It’s okay though.  The gifts are the least of my worries at this point.

Post # 28
1575 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I can not speak for others but I have yet to look at someone’s registry, much less purchase a gift from one. I personally find them replusive.

Post # 29
7586 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I never bring a gift to a wedding and if I got the registry card in the invite I would be appauled anyways.

Post # 30
3461 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Jamiezilla: Just because they get them off the registry late, doesn’t mean that they are bringing them to the wedding!  (Possible, but not definite…and getting them early off the registry is no guarantee that they’ll be mailed either.)

Post # 31
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Same with mine and I am freaking out a little bit too.

The topic ‘25 days out and registry is virtually untouched…tiny bit of a registry rant’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors