(Closed) 25 hostesses

posted 9 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
944 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Um, who are these 23 people?! This is for your bridal shower???

Post # 4
2007 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

For Mother’s Day we got little bud vases from the dollar store and a couple bunches of tulips for our aunts and cousins.  Each vase got three flowers and a card tied around it with ribbon.  It actually looked really cute and they absolutely loved them.  My mom said she loved the vase.  She used to do flowers so I didn’t have the heart to tell her where I bought it from.  🙂 

Not sure if something like that would work for you or not…

Post # 6
944 posts
Busy bee

Wow, I guess it’s just funny for me to hear because I’ve always been to a bridal shower where maybe two or three were the hosts. BUT, I guess my advice would be to do something that is edible. Most people have enough stuff as it is and don’t need dust catchers laying around—my whole reasoning about giving edible wedding favors too, who wants a little bell with your wedding date on it? No one. So, is there a type of food, candy, treat that is popular from your area?

Post # 7
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I would go with either a potted plant or flowering plant or some baked goodies.

Post # 9
2205 posts
Buzzing bee

ohmigoodness!  That is insane.

I didn’t do anything for my shower hostesses.  I felt bad after reading on WeddingBEe about how all these girls had gifts to bring.  I just wrote thank you notes after the shower.  oh well.

i would do a cookie or treat in a cute wrapping, or flowers (you can buy them wholesale or from a grocery store and arranged them yourself!

Post # 10
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Thats insane! why so many? I don’t think I even had 23 people at my shower lol

Post # 13
1276 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Can I ask how many guests will be attending?  Do you there will also be favors?  I think something small is appropriate in this situation.  Not to sound harsh, but with 23 hostesses the time and money burden on each one is also small.

FWIW, for those who came out for my B’ette party, I put together small gifts with a bottle opener (appr. for Bridal Party, not shower), some candy, and really good lip stuff.  the lip stuff was actually on sale at Bath and Body works.  something like that might seem nice.

The topic ‘25 hostesses’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors