(Closed) 25 Random Facts: about you

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
1042 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Lol! How fun! Work is soooo boring today…sooo…I’ll do a wedding themed 25 things!

1- I really don’t want a diamond wedding ring. I just don’t! I will probably get a wedding band and wear my e-ring occasionally on my right hand.
2- I am seriously considering asking one of my BMs to not be in my wedding, but I don’t have a really good reason other than the fact that we’ve just grown way apart. I’m on the fence about it though…
3- I really want a mantilla veil, but I don’t know if it will go with my dress.
4- MY DRESS! I’m in love with my dress. I keep second guessing it though. It’s kind of heavy…not great for a destination wedding.
5- Actually, I am thinking about forgoing the veil altogether and doing some kind of really cool headpiece with flowers or leaves.
6- I really love my photog. My epics should have turned out awful but they came out amazing. He is a wizard in disguise.
7- I think florists are way overpriced. But, they actually do a lot, so then again…
8- I think the best man is more excited about the wedding than the maid of honor. I think that’s disappointing.
9- I am not a wedding blogger. I like reading wedding blogs, though.
10- I find my Future Mother-In-Law to be a little overbearing in her excitement about the wedding; by contrast, I don’t think my mom shows enough emotion about the wedding.
11- I am using up ALL my paid time off next year to get married and go on my honeymoon. I’m a little bummed about that.
12- Oh yeah, we’re honeymooning in Cancun for a week. That’s pretty awesome.
13- How we’re going to drive to/from Yosemite for the wedding and fly to cancun and NOT be exhausted, I have no idea.
14- I have nightmares about my work wedding shower being a complete disaster and people buying me tupperware or mismatched china. Eesh.
15- I also had a nightmare that my venue got double booked and I had to have a joint wedding with another bride.
16- Neither my Fiance nor myself really know what our colors are. We say different things whenever someone asks us…
17- The second wedding-related decision we made? the first dance song. (First was venue.)
18- If I could do it all again, I’d have a courthouse wedding. It would save time and money! A little late for that now, though…
19- One of my ex’s is coming to the wedding. I’m totally ok with it, since we’re all friends and Fiance is going to be in his wedding.
20- I hate fondant. Hate hate hate. My cake will be simple, but taste good.
21- My favorite vendor so far is my invitations vendor, Momental Designs. I really love them. So customer service oriented.
22- I don’t want kids until I’m at least 30, so stop asking!
23- I do not know if I will ever find wedding shoes that meet my standards.
24- I could honestly care less about table linens.
25- Lastly…although I love my venue and my photog and my invitations designer, my favorite part of the wedding? My Fiance, of course! πŸ™‚

Post # 4
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

1. Today is the two year anniversary of the day I met my fiance. And yes, we met at a bar.

2. I’m a terrible driver. When I was 16, I was in three car accidents, all my fault, and two because I wanted to avoid hitting animals. Thank goodness I live in a city with good public transportation.

3. I was in a pre-professional dance program from grade school to college and taught dance in college and grad school. Sometimes I miss teaching, but I’ve started taking advanced adult ballet classes.

4. My fiance has a weird obsession with Gorham’s “Chantilly” silver pattern. He has a set he bought off Ebay and eats with everyday (only odd thing about him). I’m pretty sure my family and friends will think we are gift grubbers when they see the $385 silver place setting on the registry. And never believe that it is his thing.

5. I’m obsessed with china patterns. My mom gave me a four piece place setting of Spode Christmas Tree china and I love it! So festive.

6. I love witty banter and humor. Think Lorelei and Rory on “Gilmore Girls”. Maybe because Loreliei reminds me of my best DC friend, both looks and personality wise.

7. I’m Catholic and all of my sacraments (baptism, first communion, confirmation) were on my birthday. I wish my wedding could have been the same day.

8. I sometimes feel like Elle Woods in Legally Blonde II.

9. I’m a Democrat but most people think I’m a conservative Republican. Mainly because I dress really preppy and ladylike and have a conservative background.

10. In high school I was voted “most likely to be involved in a government conspiracy”. Yet I still have secret clearance.

11. As a lifeguard, I slammed my middle finger in a garage door and had to have it reattached, then wear a large cast on it all summer.

12. I’ve successfully set up two couples, both of whom I was friends with both the guy and the girl separately before they became a couple.

13. My engagement ring is my fiance’s great-grandmother. I write a blog, a series of letters to Anne, the woman whose ring I wear,  that I plan on presenting to my fiance on our first anniversary as our “paper” gift.

14. My friends say that I remind them of Bree on Desperate Housewives. I kind of look like her too.

15. I’m a city girl but I can’t wait until we build a beach house on the lot we own.

16. I don’t want to change my last name but it means a lot to my fiance. I am struggling with this.

17. I was my sorority social chair in college and turned it into a permanent job. Until I realized that planning parties was not my life’s calling.

18. I actually use my degrees in my job; most people find this odd.

19. I was a professor before I was 30.

20. I’d love to get my Ph.D. but I also don’t want to move from DC.

21. I can not stand white condiments (i.e. mayo, cream cheese, ranch dressing).

22. French fries are my favorite food

23. I’d love to own a winery one day but could never live outside the city or even the suburbs

24. If I had a different career, I’d run a charter school or arts organization for inner city kids

25. My parents are my heroes and biggest cheerleaders. They encouraged me to live my dream and I am who I am because of them.

Post # 5
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

1. I love dry, sunny, windy weather.

2. Sometimes I wish I lived in California. It has this aura to it. And Inn N Out. Yum.

3. I wish I knew how to play guitar and sing. I’m not musically inclined but I wish I was.

4. I’m very liberal. Everyone deserves happiness.

5. I enjoy spending time with my cats than I do most people. They don’t judge and they love unconditionally.

6. I feel at my best when I am healthy and in shape. Exercise is an adrenaline addiction. I like to take care of myself.

7. I haven’t had REAL mexican food since moving away from Cali. I miss it so much.

8. Margaritas are my absolute favorite adult beverage. So good.

9. It bothers me that so much of America wants a healthcare handout. Ditch the burger and get off your couch. Teach your kids the same. Heart Disease is the #1 killer in America and most of it can be prevented. Take care of yourself and live longer!!!

10. They’re real =P

11. I don’t like chocolate. I know, I know, I’m a freak. But Swedish Fish? Gimme.

12. I love diamonds. Jewelry is my “thing”. i’d love to design some.

13. I don’t believe there is a “perfect” job for me. What I do pays the bills and I enjoy it enough to do it every day, but I still want to go home when it’s all said and done. I work to live, not the other way around.

14. I have to force myself to spend money on little luxuries for myself. I have trouble spending money “unnecessarily”.

15. I LOVE ebay. Just ask anyone–I find great deals constantly.

16. I never thought I’d be one of those girls who got married at 23, but I am. I almost feel “too young”. Life is funny, ain’t it? Marriage is just the official paperwork–the committment’s been there for years.

17. I’m not a spontaneous person. I wish I was bit I can’t do it!

18. I LOVE to cook. There’s just no time anymore.

19. I can’t fix anything worth a damn. I’ll hire a plumber in a hot second.

20. I love that Sushi wants snuggles for 10 minutes every morning. It makes me start my day off right.

21. I know how lucky I am to have such great friends and family. So lucky.

22. I like things done my way. My house, my rules.

23. It annoys me when really rich people blow money like crazy on stupid things just to be divas. Like a person to hold an umbrella for you.

24. I wish I had a pool in the backyard to enjoy during the summer. It just isn’t summer unless you’re golden brown with a drink in your hand.

25. Sometimes I stick out like a sore thumb and I’m totally ok with it! =]

Post # 6
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

1. I have a birthmark in the center of my tummy, it’s a perfect round dot.

2. I hate all fruit, except apples.

3. I have to eat with equal bites on both sides of my mouth or else I go nuts.

4. I worked as a camp counselor and lived in a tent for 3 months.

5. I went to Europe when I was 17.

6. I am a classically-trained violinist and played for 13 years.

7. My mother is my best friend.

8. I can fix a transmission in a car with my own 2 hands.

9. My favorite clothing store is Goodwill.

10. I love any movie that has zombies in it.

11. I worked at a haunted house for 2 years and did all the special effects makeup.

12. My parents have been married for 35 years.

13. I arrange crayons/markers/pencils in rainbow order before I can use them.

14. I have a tattoo of the Link from Zelda on my hip.

15. My hair has been every color of the rainbow.

16. I want to get a Ph.D. and be a college professor.

17. My favorite food is fresh steamed rice with tons of soy sauce.

18. I do musical theatre, but am the clumsiest dancer ever.

19. I say the phrase “i’m not gonna lie…” way too much.

20. I’m planning my wedding over a webcam.

21. I’m unreasonably terrified of spiders.

22. I’d rather have another dog than have a baby.

23. I voted for Pedro.

24. I am 7 years younger than my youngest sibling.

25. My favorite movie EVER is Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion.

Post # 7
5273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

I’ll bite, bored at work too, only 10 more mins!

1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE synchronized dances & everyone thinks I’m lame for it πŸ™‚

2. I drink my milk with ice in it.

3. I’ve been skydiving & had to use the reserve chute because my first chute got tangled!!!

4. I am really loud, like seriously, my friends & family give me a look when apparently I’ve gotten too loud, lol!

5. I believe that King of Kong is one of the best things I have ever seen. It’s a documentary about these two guys who compete for the highest score on Dokey Kong, I absolutely think its hilarious & I call my hubs Billy Mitchell.

6. I will try any type of beer on the face of the planet. I may not drink the whole thing, but I’ll try it!

7. My fingernails grow EXTREMELY fast

8. My favorite color is White, even though people say White isn’t a color πŸ™‚

9. I was born in the only city in the US that isn’t in a state…..Washington D.C.!!! Which means I always live the “state of birth” blank…

10. I can’t stand the smell of seafood, it literally makes me nauseous

11. I eat all my sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, everything “plain & dry” no veggies & no condiments.

12. I have never colored my hair before.

13. I hardly ever wear pants, I just love skirts & dresses so much!

14. Going back to beer, my favorite of all time is Purple Haze

15. I love dancing goofy in public. The fisherman & fish, the shopping cart, you name it, I’ll do it!

16. The hubs is always my fisherman πŸ™‚

17. I love to wear BIG earings when I go out, like Beyonce big πŸ™‚

18. I love 70s disco music

19. I have been the victim of theft multiple times. I’ve had a camera ripped off my husband in Spain, my house broken into & my laptop stolen, and my car was recently broken into πŸ™

20. My favorite food are bratwursts from Germany, have to be the real thing, Hillshire farms don’t cut it!

22. I am extremely ticklish. I can’t even get a peddi b/c I once kicked the lady doing my feet…

23. I took piano lessons for 6 years & once I quit, I never touched the piano again. No reason, just was a lazy teenager & I regret it because I am now terrible.

24. Chick Fil A is my favorite fast food

25. I love theme parties waay too much!!! I just love dressing up in any theme, LOVE THEM!!!!

Post # 8
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

1. I danced professionally for 13 years.

2. I LOVE chicken fingers with honey mustard dipping sauce.

3. I’m allergic to tomatoes – but only since I was 21.

4. I know almost every word to the movie ‘The Labyrinth’

5. I am a HUGE body-modification fan.

6. I used to watch and dream of becoming a ballroom dancer when I was a little kid.

7. My favorite beer is Magic Hat #9.

8. I really don’t like Will Ferrell.

9. I have a girl-crush on Dita von Teese.

10. My favorite color is purple and almost half of my wardrobe is a shade of it. (I’m kind of obsessed)

11. I LOVE to cook and sometimes wish I had went to culinary school.

12. I love musicals.

13. I am a HUGE Phillies phan.

14. We have a pet cat (skeleton).

15. It drives me crazy when people put toilet paper on upside down.

16. I could drink OJ everyday, all day. I love that stuff.

17. I like to rock-out to Britney Spears when no one is around. Smile

18. That being said, I am a big metal-head and love being in the middle of the mosh pit.

19. I HATE the summer and being hot. Give me cold and snow any day!

20. I’m part Cherokee.

21. I gave my baby brother Chickenpox the first week he was home from the hospital.

22. I have watched every episode of CSI (Las Vegas) multiple times.

23. I make the best homemade mac-n-cheese.

24. I’ve never been on a plane or out of the country.

25. We will go out of our way on a trip to visit a Sonic and get a strawberry limeade.

Post # 9
316 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

1.  I love reading interesting facts and bits of useless information

2. I pretend to be deathly afraid of bats so my fiance will protect me when they fly by.

2. I am, however, deathly afraid of heights.

3. My only regret in life is not staying in college

4. I learned to say the alphabet backwards in case I get a sobriety test- I don’t drink very much at all and I won’t ever drive while drinking.

5. I own 2 motorcycles and I love everything about them except for the bugs

6. I love having boat races when the street floods

7. I believe in Fight Club

8. I care about what my mom thinks even though I think she is crazy.

9. Im glad I learned French even though I never use it.

10.  I want to get really good at taking boudoir photographs.

11.   I would love to be a Forensic Pathologist but can’t find the money for school

12. My cat is one of my best friends.

13.  Degas is my favorite artist of all time.

14. I’ve worked at Disneyland for 11 years but haven’t actually gone in to play for 10 of those years.

15. I too have a huge potty mouth.

16. My fiance and I use code words for things. We practically have our own language.

17.  I am secretly pleased that I am my nephew’s favorite aunt even though my sister always brings him gifts and money.

18. My brother keeps a picture of me in his wallet, not his wife. (Not in a creepy way)

19.  I wonder how my dad has put up with my mom for so long.

20. I get up at  430 am every day to work out but I see no results because I am a foodie.

21. I am usually a wedding bee lurker.

22. I have my wedding dress and my fiance has seen it but nobody knows that.

23. I could not live without coffee.

24. I believe that most people do not use common courtesy nowadays where I live.

25. One left, whew, …. I just don’t “get” most of Shakespeare.

Post # 10
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I am ADD, so girls you only get 10

1. Nothing irritates me more than the lack of manners and common courtesy

2. I have a love hate relationship with my dog Arden.

3. I never picked up a pot and pan till I met my hubby

4. I hate baking. I get flour everywhere (and I mean everywhere) and plus I prefer instant gratification. I don’t want to wait 2 hours while it bakes, another hour till it cools. I want to eat it NOW

5. I danced ballet since I was 6, professionally by the time I was 14.

6. I am a control FREAK

7. I am hopelessly addicted to bad music. If it is catchy: I love it!

8. I am (not so) secretly afraid of pregnancy.

9. I am allergic to alcohol

10. I think displaying personal photos around the house is narcisistic

Post # 11
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

1. I love working with children and animals. Even though, I don’t want children!

2. I have two cats. They might as well be my children because they are spoiled rotten and I worry about them when I leave. I talk to my daughter a lot and she talks back. It’s weird, but fi will testify that she will have conversation with me. I also refer myself as her mommy.

3. I want to travel to almost everywhere…I find people interesting and the chance to experience people in different culture would be amazing.

4. I ask a lot of questions when I’m trying to get to know someone. It’s almost like I’m interrogating, but it’s my way.

5. I’m developing a passion for photography and started to learn and love everything about it.

6. I can’t decide what I want to be when I grow up. It seems like I don’t want to commit to one job for the rest of my life.

7. I’m a neat freak. I like things to be clean and organized. I also love to-do lists and have quite a few post it notes to prove it. I would be lost if my planner was stolen.

8. I have never tried a cigarette and I never will.

9. I’m a chocoholic, but I’m in rehab….ha!

10. I was born in Mississippi, but raised in Illinois. I still have a lot of my southern roots, but I have a Midwest attitude.

11. I hate the cold. I hate snow. So I moved to Florida and haven’t looked back.

12. I have a thing for Hispanic men. It’s a sickness and probably why I marrying one. Though, they/he drive me crazy…

13. I don’t drink caffeinated drinks. I prefer water and juice. But, I do love root beer, but not the Barq kind because it contains caffeine!

14. I cannot stand when situations are unfair. Everyone should have a fair chance and humans drive me nuts because of their unfair tendencies.

15. I have a speech disorder and it has never stopped me from expressing my opinions. It took me eighteen years to overcome it and I still have problems with pronunciation, word ending, and spelling because my mind can’t communicate words well. It’s also really hindering me from learning Spanish well.

16. I’m a night owl, but my job requires me to get up really early so I have become quite the insomniac.

17. I have never broken a bone or had to have stitches. I have never needed to go to the hospital and the only major illness I have ever had was mononucleosis in the eighth grade. (lol—and I know it’s called the kissing disease, but I didn’t get it that way)

18. I hate seafood and I love potatoes. I can eat potatoes in any form, but my favorite is French fries.

19. I clean or bake when I’m upset.

20. I can’t stand being in crowds, it makes me nervous. I prefer having a few close friends than a lot of acquaintances

21. I hate eating and sleeping alone.

22. I’m too compassionate and will drop everything in my life to make someone happy. But, I would love to be able to learn how to tell people “NO,” so I don’t make myself ill.

23. I hate roller coasters. And, I have a fear of riding in a car with other people driving. I had a fear of flying, but I have had to overcome it to see my air force baby. But, I still hate to fly because I’m not in control. If I feel like I am losing control or someone is driving a little too crazy for me, I hyperventilate. I guess, in the short version, I’m a control freak.

24.I know every word/song to Arisocats.

25. My favorite character is Tweety bird. *cough obsession cough*

Post # 12
7053 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

1)I once stage-dove at a Pearl Jam concert in 1992 (or was that 93?)

2)I can do a spot on cover of Carrie Underwoods’ “Before he Cheats”

3) Yes, I’ve been a singer for over 30 years.

4)My family knew Elvis and my mom was friends w/Priscilla.

5) I am scared of spiders.  I also am scared of scorpions.

6) Despite getting a degree in a medical profession, I once passed out when somebody (a student phlebotomist) took my blood.

7)I have a migraine right now and I wish the heck it would go away.

8)I have a macaw.

9)I have 3 dogs.

10) I like spicy sushi rolls.  Volcano rolls, when done right rock.

11) I was born in Puerto Rico.

12)I have a huge fear of rides that drop you down like 15 stories.

13)I hate math.

14)I don’t want to grow up.

15)I love to watch Spongebob with my son.

16)I love to go to Disney and Universal.  This is the cool part of being a mom.  You get to have an excuse to go to theme parks all the time!

17) I wish Santa were real.

18)My secret desire is to have a condo on one of the floating condos like “Residensea” and travel the world with my son and my beloved T!

19)Childbirth wasn’t bad imho.  Even with a c section and having them prior to that try to induce my labor.  I think some women try to scare you into thinking its bad.

20)I don’t like wearing a french on my toes.  My big toe is imho too fat and it looks funny.  I wear a color on the toes!

21)I’m a sucker for a damn good margarita.  Close second is sangria.  Homemade sangria.

22)Also a sucker for Tony Bourdain and the travel channel! 

23)I once gave Kiss a tour of Graceland when I did a stint as a ViP tour guide there in 1990. (or was that 1991?)  Paul Stanley is super short.

24) I was a competitive baton twirler.  was featured twirler in college.  Go Tigers!

25)I sing all the time in my suv while driving.  I do it.  And I know the drivers in the vehicle next to me think I’m nuts.

Post # 13
2144 posts
Buzzing bee

heh, i never actually filled this out on Facebook, but I’ll give it a go here since I’m not doing anything else besides eating candy corn. Not sure if I can make it to 25 though!

1. I don’t swear. Ever (well, just in my head). I’m not offended or anything if other people do, but I feel so awkward if it’s coming out of my mouth (or fingers- I don’t even like typing it!).

2. I met Mr. Joe on a game called Runescape… But, I’m not a gamer AT ALL and primarily played that game for the social aspects

3. I think I need multiple lives for all the things I’d like to do with my life, career wise, especially since contradict each other- archiologist, pro photographer, stay at home mom, journalist, zoo keeper, zoologist, art teacher, children’s book writer

4. I LOVE salad. nothing fancy, just a typical garden salad. I could eat one every day and not get tired of it. And I practically did for a year when I was away at college.

5. I’m always paranoid about undercooked meat, especially chicken. I much prefer it to be dried out because it gives me peace of mind.

6. I have basically no real friends, just aquaintences, and sometimes that makes me sad.

7. I like all types of music except for rap. Perry Como to Korn, it’s all good πŸ™‚

8. I wish I could sing and dance. Well.

9. I hate the cold. But I know I’m stuck with it because hubby likes cold and hates summer. (which basically also sums up the dynamics of our relationship- if I hate it, he loves it and vice versa).

10. I get really really annoyed with some of the things people post on their facebook statuses, but I’m too much of a coward to point the annoying things out to the offenders.

11. I can’t light matches. I’ve done it once in HS chem, and I tried to last week but the match broke in half and went flying so my husband took over…

12. Fireworks scare me. I like watching the big colorful shows on 4th of July from a nice, safe distance, but otherwise I’m really, really nervous around them and I hate when Hubby plays with them. I don’t even like using sparklers.

13. I’m a better cook than my mom (except for her spaghetti and meatballs)

14. I don’t like taking showers. I take them because between showering and stinking, showering is the lesser of two evils. But I just find them to be a cold, wet nuissance.

15. I like to take my time. I feel anxious and snappy when I’m rushed, so I tend to be the person who’s always early to things.

16. I can’t drive (no license) and I have zero desire to learn.

17. I’m not interested in traveling to Europe whatsoever other than I think it would be fun to take pictures of the sights.

18. I’m afraid of becoming fat

19. I love beta fishies πŸ™‚ My current one is an orange girl named Lola I also like guinea pigs and basically all pets, but the apartment doesn’t allow it

20. I’m probably addicted to the internet, but that’s ok lol

21. I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. I’d cry if I had to give up sweets

22. I LOVE DISNEY!

23. I like seeing Broadway plays too πŸ™‚ It’s one of the few things I like about living in NYC

24. I rather watch movies than TV

25. I wish my arms weren’t so hairy πŸ™ The hair is blonde at least, but I hate that I have more arm hair than Mr. Joe! (to be fair, he’s Chinese).

Post # 14
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

1. I’m the youngest of four and the only girl.

2. I love to bake.

3. I’ve recently discovered that I’m allergic to dogs. I’ve had cats for over 15 years-they don’t bother my allergies but dogs do.

4. I love snow!

5. I love dill pickles and used to drink the pickle juice when I was a kid.

6. I’ve never had a massage. It’s a tragedy.

7. I make awesome homemade spaghetti sauce.

8. I’m half Italian and half German. My husband is half Romanian and half German. Our kids are doomed to be stubborn!!

9. I love to read. I’ll read anything-newspapers, books, magazines, etc.

10. I don’t like to eat anything that is both sweet and sour.

11. I like hot sauce on my eggs.

12. Today is my 33rd birthday!

13. I took 5 years of ballet classes but I’m very klutzy.

14. My dream home is a little cabin in the woods with just enough room for me, my husband, a couple of kids, and our cats.

15. I want to live in New England someday.

16. My favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast.

17. My favorite movie of the moment is The Hangover.

18. I love country music-especially songs about drinking, hard living, two-timing men, and tragedy-the total opposite of my life!

19. My favorite tv show of all time is Gilmore Girls.

20. I want to name my future daughter Lorelei and call her Rory (see #19).

21. My husband is my best friend. He’s the only man I can live with day in and day out with him driving me crazy.

22. My husband and I are both Sagitarius’

23. My friend and I drove from Ohio to Colorado straight through. Almost 24 hours in a pickup truck loaded with all of my friends belongings. Best trip of my life.

24. I’m always hot and almost never cold.

25. I have carpel tunnel (really I do) and I’m glad this was #25!

Post # 16
2196 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

ejs4y8–just had to go here…i find it a little upsetting that you generalize about so many americans wanting “health care handouts”.  you do realize that yes, although many people could exercise more personal responsibility, there are people who need health care but cannot afford it?  before my Fiance and i set our date in stone, we need to have a serious discussion about whether we can get married in the next ten years at all. why? because he had hodgkin’s lymphoma two years ago and simply cannot afford to be without health insurance in case of a recurrence, but if he gets married then he’s off his parents’ health insurance, which would have covered him as long as he’s in school, until age 29. we both intend to attend grad school, but with only $23k/yr stipends, buying an independent health care plan sufficient to cover his expenses for cancer treatment, should it be necessary, just seems too cost-prohibitive. we can’t get anything more than part-time jobs because grad school, if you haven’t heard, is a LOT of work, and we don’t want to drag it out over 10+ years for our ph.d.’s. plus, having a job AND doing grad school will leave us little time to celebrate and enjoy our newlywed period.  if we had universal health care like so many well-off, happy, productive countries, we wouldn’t be stuck between a big rock and a very hard place. 

sorry, i just couldn’t let that go. there are millions of people in this country who desperately need health care but cannot afford it and are faced with life or death situations far more serious than my own already really crappy one. this isn’t about people being lazy and irresponsible. πŸ™  if “you’re liberal” and think “everyone deserves happiness,” then i have no idea why you would complain about the government having such a health care system. the health care situation is certainly preventing me and Fiance (who may end up with a ten-year engagement precisely because of the current system) from being happy.

The topic ‘25 Random Facts: about you’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors