(Closed) $25 Wedding Bands!?! (sorry! super huge pictures!!!)

posted 8 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which ring would suit my ring and hand the best!?
    Option A (Wave) : (13 votes)
    37 %
    Option B (Faceted Sides) : (3 votes)
    9 %
    Option C (Fully Faceted) : (9 votes)
    26 %
    Option D (Brushed Matte Middle) : (7 votes)
    20 %
    Option E (Why not buy more than one!? they're only $25 each!) : (3 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 3
    1545 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

all of those are 25 bucks? thats not bad those are nice

Post # 4
    14186 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

What is your ring made of? Tungsten carbide is a very strong, very hard metal. really–we use it to cut metal here at work!!! it will scratch the hell out of a gold ring.

Post # 6
    831 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I like C & D, but for only $25 a piece, I say go for multiple ones!

Post # 7
    14186 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

to give you perspective, gold is somewhere around a 3 on the hardness scale. Tungsten Carbide is like a 9. Those are two metals you do NOT want to touch at all. i have to take off all my jewelry when i go play with tool tips (tungsten carbide, fyi). I don’t let my gold near it. My coworkers can’t wear wedding rings because it gouges their wedding rings. Gold is so, so soft. I always say to be careful with titanium, but tungsten carbide is way way harder than titanium. All it has to do is knock one of the prongs the wrong way.

Just be extra careful. These are two metals i would heavily advise against mixing. Maybe there is a bumper you can get for between your e-ring and the band when you do decide to put the two together.

Post # 8
    1729 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Sorry but I totally have to ditto ejs4y8. With an heirloom ring especially, you really do not want to take that risk. It really is best to mix gold with only gold. And unfortunately, that 4mm band looks *awesome* with your e-ring, so it ain’t gonna be $25 bucks (for gold). 😉

Post # 9
    61 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

you could always just wear your e-ring on the right, and the band on the left to be safe Smile

Post # 10
    Hostess
    16213 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

I don’t know anything about tungsten, so I’ll defer to ejs on this one.

In terms of style, I like the fully-faceted! I agree—it’s a little sparkly!

Post # 11
    673 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Option A is stunning. I agree about not mixing metals, however. Do they make bumpers to go between rings? I have to decide what kind of metal my wedding band will be, and I was wondering if they make a silicon or rubber bumper that would be very thin, just enough to prevent scratching?

Post # 12
    3762 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I would agree with not mixing metals too.

I did get my Fiance tungsten ring from West Coast Jewelry.  They are about $50 for a thicker band, shipping was only a few bucks and it came quickly.  I was happy with the product and can’t tell the difference with the one we ordered and the one at the jewelry store for $200.

Post # 14
    1418 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I agree – tungsten is very hard and I would FOR SURE not put it next to a gold ring.

With that said though, for $25 get one of these that you like and wear it on a different finger (away from your engagement/wedding rings)!  Option C is my fave!

Post # 15
    1729 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Oh you should totally get one for a travel ring! Great idea. I like option C! I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that! Maybe you could try to get a gold one custom made to look like that?

Post # 16
    990 posts
    Busy bee

I was going to go with Tungsten Carbide for FI’s wedding band because he works hard with his hands and is so rough.

The topic ‘$25 Wedding Bands!?! (sorry! super huge pictures!!!)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors