(Closed) 250+ wedding guest…. ARE YOU CRAZY!

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
2854 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hey, it’s good to have those things hammered out early. Then at least you can have a timeline for when the big day will happen, and an idea of where you’re going to need to have it. 🙂

Post # 4
1902 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

are you guys engaged already? If not thats really great progress if your talking and discussing the guest lists 🙂

Post # 6
2408 posts
Buzzing bee

Isn’t it crazy how high the numbers go when you start adding the names? The mister and I worked out our guest list and we’re hovering around 200, and this was after we knocked off some kids andfamily we don’t really talk to, but does not include any future co-workers (I figure we’d both have to at least invite our future bosses) and of course, we’re not sure if we’ve covered all of the people our parents would want to invite…my head is spinning.

I had no idea we knew this many people!

Post # 7
68 posts
Worker bee

lemme surprise y’all with my bit of info. In Malaysia (where i’m from), the reception guest lists can go up to a thousand (or more) guests. When you invite someone to your reception, you always put “mr x and family”. Kinda like a free for all, invite-everyone-you-know kinda wedding reception.

I personally prefer a small reception, so I can invite the nearest and dearest and really have a good time. With a big reception, it’s kinda hard to do that especially when you don’t personally know some of the guests coz they might be your father’s highschool friend’s son or something.

Post # 9
68 posts
Worker bee

@kunezerwa: oh i’d thought about it but not willing to deal with the ‘aftermath’ afterwards. Since my parents are paying for it, im saying yeah they can invite whoever. It’s a big deal here because the reception is seen as a way to announce that you’re married and can live together bla bla bla

I’m not really concerned about the guest list coz I can’t do much about it but i’m determined to put my foot down on the other stuff ie fooooood. i told my mom the smaller the better but my dad’s a professor so he knows a lot of people and he’s quite a prominent person in our local community so i know he’d wanna invite EVERYONE coz if he doesnt, there’ll be lotsa hurt feeling >.<

hurt feelings – where would we be without it :p

The topic ‘250+ wedding guest…. ARE YOU CRAZY!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors