$2,500 Honeymoon

posted 2 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
483 posts
Helper bee

Have you looked at Groupon on their “Air-Inclusive” trips? They have A TON of trips that fall well under $2,500.00 that are perfect for honeymoons. 🙂

Post # 4
6602 posts
Bee Keeper

You could probably find an all inclusive package to mexico for that price. I have no idea where “west coast mid atlantic” is though haha. With 1250 pp I like all inclusive because your food and drink is already accounted for, you will just want to keep a bit extra for excursions/tips/souviners. 

Post # 5
1639 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Mexico and Punta Cana (DR) and other Carribean Islands are where you could probably get a good all-inclusinve for that amount.  I’d monitor the travel warnings about Mexico though.  From what I’ve heard the touristy areas are not what they used to be.  I’d also check out what Costa Rica has to offer as well.  

Post # 6
3420 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

LibraGirl1012 :  We went to Quebec City for our honeymoon and it was beautiful. We also spent a couple of days North of QC out in the mountains in a little resort on a lake. I think your best bet is to find less popular trips like that. But $2500 is plenty! There is a lot you can do with that. What do you like to do?

Post # 7
619 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

You could also trade travel for a luxury experience within road trip distance. I’m thinking the Greenbrier, Sea Island Club, Kiawah, Okracoke Island or any country club in the mountains would all be amazing. You can get the best room with a view, stroll the grounds, have good wine and fancy food each night, and treat yourselves to massages! 

Post # 8
1409 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

We did $3500 for Banff & the Canadian rockies but we splurged a little. We just went back in December and did around $2500 or so. It is absolutely gorgeous if you love mountains, lakes, and being outdoors.The-Marvelous-Crystal-Blue-Lake-Louise-at-Banff-National-Park-in-Alberta-Canada

Post # 9
1768 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

We’re going cheaper for our honeymoon too, under $2500 and are deconding between Orlando and Myrtle Beach at the moment, but we’re in Texas, so the East Coast is new and unseen territory for us lol. Second choice is to spend a bit more in getting a balcony room on a cruise. You really can’t beat it for a low stress, fun vacation. But you don’t really get to see much and that’s a lot of people on a ship. Idk, we’re leaving for a cruise on Sunday and can’t wait! So I maybe have cruises on the brain.

Post # 10
293 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I definitely think that’s a doable budget! What time of the year are you getting married? My husband and I took a trip to the Azores (Portuguese islands between the east coast and Europe) for SUPER cheap ($700 pp which included airfare and hotel with breakfast everyday). We found the deal on Groupon. We’ve also gone to DR a few times and stayed at an awesome all-inclusive resort and probably spent about $2500 including air. It all depends on what kind of vacation you are looking for.

Post # 11
1263 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I think I live in a mid atlantic state.

I’ve done 4 -5 day trips to all inclusive resorts in the Caribbean for under that. The packages include air fare and all inclusive resorts include food, drinks, and some entertainment.

Jamaica, DR, Mexico, and Bahamas are cheaper areas in the Caribbean.

Post # 12
866 posts
Busy bee

We did a driving tour of Cape Breton. We borrowed a car, stayed at cheaper hotels and did alot of hiking. 

Post # 13
1631 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve done a week in Europe (Amsterdam, Bruges, and London) for around that much. 

Post # 14
1607 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

LibraGirl1012 :  we did 8 day 7 nights at The RIU palace in Jamaica all inclusive adults only and it was absolutely fabulous. We want to go again for one or two less nights believe it or not. There’s just so much to do – amazing trip, highly recommended. 

Post # 15
613 posts
Busy bee

When is your wedding?  Season will definitely play a big role in price.

Fiance and I are going to Bermuda, flying from NYC, in March and our flight and ocean front hotel (3 nights) came to $1500. 

But the mid-Atlantic gives you a lot of options for $2500.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors