(Closed) 27 dresses

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
525 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

My suggestion for you is… keep on browsing wedding gowns online till you find the one you want! That’s how I did it…. I thought I wanted a medieval gown, then I ended up with a lacey Pronovias. The most important thing is not what you like, but how the dress you are going to buy will fit on your body and in your style. If I had gone ahead with the Medieval dress that I liked so much (because of its simplicity) it wouldn’t have been me… because I’m not a simple person ๐Ÿ˜‰

My best wishes!

Post # 4
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

i tried on three. i was being very picky and wanted a very unusual dress, i just happened to go into the right store and there it was.

what about having something custom made? you seem to know exactly what you want.

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Try on 2 dresses of your mother’s choice, 2 dresses your Maid/Matron of Honor likes for you, and 2 of your choice at the next shop. I was set on a plain, simple, minimal detail dress with a little poof, nothing ridiculous, and no train. I wouldn’t even look at anything different. Our theme for our wedding was stylish minimalist My dress was to be the same. Of course, my mother broke the rules at the first shop and began grabbing the laciest, beadiest dresses she could find. Ugh! Mom. No. Stick to the rules. Simple. Eventually I gave in. I told her I would be willing to try on just 2 dresses that she chose regardless.  My wedding dress was a Pronovias vintage style, lacey, beady mermaid with a small train. It was the second dress my mother picked. A mother always knows best. ๐Ÿ™‚ It was absolutely gorgeous, complimented endlessly to this day and most importantly, 100% NOT what I would’ve ever picked. 

Sometimes you have to think outside of the box…. 

Post # 7
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

Maggie Sottero definitely should be a contender and their price range is great.. if you’re looking for something more couture, check out bravobride.com and preowned wedding dress (as well as the classified’s section here)… i’d definitely try the dress you’re eyeing out in the store to make sure you like it on your body before ordering it online though.

Post # 8
1408 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

You CAN get a custom dress for less then the thousands many stores charge! I got my gorgeous dress on etsy for less then $400 and it is being made custom to my measurements and the shop is doing the extras for me like putting in the bustle (I get to pick which one I want!) and changing the neckline for me! Check out etsy (I got my dress at Cici Bridal on etsy, but there are many more gorgeous dresses out there besides theirs!).

Good luck with the search!

Post # 9
210 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Don’t worry, you will find THE dress!  I tried on so many dresses I lost count and I went to about 7 different bridal stores, a couple of them more than once.  I started looking in May then I took a break and when I went back, I found my dress! (and I’m picking it up on Tuesday!).

Also, you can’t always judge a dress by the website picture.  I actually don’t like my dresses pic on the website but when I put it on it looks great!  It’s also a good idea to take a picture of yourself in the dresses you’re considering if the shop allows so you can see how you look.  That helped me decide between two dresses.

Good Luck!

Post # 10
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

i knew when i found my dress when after i left the bridal store, i went home searched for my dress online and i couldn’t find it, because it was a 2009 dress. i went to bed and woke up at 4 am and immediately though, omg what if my dress was a dress that the saleswoman said was discontinued? i knew right then that i had to buy that dress. i didn’t even get to try my dress on for my mom before i bought it because she lived 6 hrs away. 

have you looked at cosmobella by dimitrios? that’s who my dress is by and they have some gorgeous gowns. i went to a place that let my bridesmaid and i look around the store and pick gowns that we liked. i would probably still be looking for my dress had i gone to another store where they picked dresses for me. my first dress shopping experience was like that, she kept pulling all these princessy gowns, when i showed her pictures that were not princessy at all! i tried on about 30 gowns before i realized that i had found the one.

oh, the cosmobella line is pretty much all under $1,000. i bought mine for $800. maggie sottero destination gowns are under $800.

Post # 12
6597 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

Yay Congrats!

Do you have a pic?

Post # 14
21 posts
Newbee

Look forward to the pics

Post # 15
3539 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

My dress was the fourth dress I tried on. I had previously gone into our one and only bridal shop in our city with my Maid/Matron of Honor and knew we werent going to find any there, but we just went to find a style.. because litterally you can search the internet, post it note it in a magazine but until you try it on, you will never know what style. All I knew was that I didnt want it to be white. (I look horrible in white)

2 months later, 2nd store I walked into 4th dress… that was it. Search over…

I think you will find it. I think its okay to be picky sometimes!

The topic ‘27 dresses’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors