(Closed) 275 Guests – Rustic Wedding – Favor Ideas ? Willing to DIY.

posted 6 years ago in Favors
Post # 3
46376 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

mini jars of jam, honey or maple syrup

lavender sachets- buy lavender now while it is inexpensive

wildflower seeds

sweater cozies for coffee mugs- you can make then from sweaters you find at thrift stores

Post # 4
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I had forget-me-not seeds in handmade fabric bags at my wedding.

Post # 5
2605 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m a fan of anything that can be eaten AND anything that you’d be more than happy to have leftovers of. 

As a guest, I pretty much ignore anything that can be classified as “cute clutter” and I’m fairly sure I’m not the only one. So if YOU and Fiance would be merry with 50 extra leftover golfballs (not a bad deal if you golf!) then by all means, do golfballs. I’m guessing that you’d be less enthused with 50 extra shotglasses (or hey, maybe you like to par-tay!), so I’d probably steer way from those.

Post # 6
133 posts
Blushing bee

Depending on what your budget is, Munsons Chocolates makes chocolate golf balls. 

Post # 7
134 posts
Blushing bee

Love julies1949 idea. Little honey’s are soooo darn cute!

Post # 8
2254 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

For our favors, we were planning to have s’more kits (that we would have DIY) but instead decided to incorporate it as part as our dessert table. Since our guests will have a variety of desserts to choose from that can be taken home, we decided to opt out of favors. But I still think they make for a great favor in of itself!

Post # 9
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

One rule of thumb… make your favor either edible or immediatly useful.  Chances are if it is just a candle or something that just sits on a shelf it will get lost or not taken home at all.  It is also nice for it to be local if you have lot of out of town guests or personal.  For example my Fiance and I love to snuggle up with popcorn so our favor is popcorn that will be freshly popped at the reception.

Post # 10
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Here is what we put together

Post # 11
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 1993

Post # 12
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

i loooove the smores idea!

Post # 13
278 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Blanche:  I’m doing this for my wedding! I just loved the idea of this little bird feeder :3

Post # 14
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Our friends had 303 at their rustic reception and made everyone 4oz jars of jam with the phrase: “Thanks for jammin’ with us!” Names, and wedding date. (which you could also order.)  It was one of the best favors I’ve received!!  Fiance ate one of the whole jars in one sitting!!!

Post # 15
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I just got these favor examples in the mail with the sign I had this girl make for me on etsy.  I love the sign, and these are cute little placecard holders/photo holders. I haven’t talked to her about prices, yet. 

Post # 16
5662 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

We re canned local jam into 1.5 oz jars for 120 people. We had very few that came home with us and it was relatively inexpensive. You can order jars and lids online for fairly cheap. We made labels and covered the top with a piece of fabric I had and tied it with twine 

The topic ‘275 Guests – Rustic Wedding – Favor Ideas ? Willing to DIY.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors