28 and Broken

posted 1 year ago in Relationships
Post # 46
2513 posts
Sugar bee

Fondest hugs and regrets Dear Bee, that this dreadful event has occurred. All of your objective, rational thinking knows that his “reason” has no reason to it at all. 

As excruciating and debilitating as this experience has been, allow yourself to become aware that if this rupture had not been admitted to by him, it would have most certainly have erupted at some time later, possibly with even more drastic negative consequences than what you have suffered so far.

It would have always been there.

Someone wonderful is waiting, Bee. You will look back over time and remember and compare the sincerity and wisdom of your yet to be found TRUE LOVE and be grateful for having left behind what is and was ignorant and biased and insular thinking.

This happens, we grieve, we suffer, we learn. We move on.

Post # 47
907 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 1984

dreamer1 :  I am a Canadian of Spanish heritage. My family is from Galicia. When I was in my late teens/early twenties, I met another Spaniard in college and we started dating. His family is from Andalucia. Everything seemed great at first, we had common interests and it was nice that we both spoke Spanish and could communicate with extended families.

A few weeks in I met his parents and they were not at all welcoming or happy to meet me. It was very awkward and I couldn’t wait to go home. I tried to talk to my Boyfriend or Best Friend about it but he just brushed it off. I kept pressing him about it and eventually it came out that his parents didn’t approve of me because I was Galician – not a true Spaniard and considered to be nothing but dumb workhorses. Interestingly, my father didn’t like by Boyfriend or Best Friend because he was from the south and, according to my father, they aren’t true Spaniards because they intermarried with moors and they have no work ethic. Can you imagine this nonsense??!! We were both from the same country yet neither set of parents considered that we were “pure.” The reality, of course, is that there is no such thing as a “pure” race.

We stayed together for a couple of years but we were young and our relationship reached it’s natural end with no hard feelings on either side. While I think that it wasn’t helped by either set of parents, I also know that we weren’t meant to be. A couple of years later I met my now husband and, just to piss my father off more, he is British and French Canadian. We’ve been married almost 34 years. OP – his excuse is bullshit! Time will help to heal your wounds and you will move on and meet someone who loves you and treasures you.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors