(Closed) 28 MAR 15 – any date twins :)

posted 6 years ago in March 2015
Post # 31
305 posts
Helper bee

By any chance is anyone nervous? People keep saying to me hows the plans going and I keep responding that I am trying no to think about it. I think that reaction shocks some people but I’m nervous and also Ive still so much to do I dont want to talk about it…..is it really bad i react that way? :/ x

Post # 32
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2015

springbee2015: I’m kind of with you on that. I never know what to say when people ask how the planning is going. I think they’re asking just to be nice, so I just say great and move the conversation to something else. They can’t possibly be interested in the minutiae, can they?

Anyway, I wanted to post so other brides with tendencies toward procrastination won’t feel like they’re the only ones that they don’t have everything done. 😉 Props to those who are all set though! I’m finding it very motivational to read your posts and realize that I need to get busy on some wedding projects! So here is where I am now:

Photographer: booked & engagement pics done!

Venue & catering: ironing out some menu details and the table arrangements, but otherwise all done

Florist: just booked a new one after the one I wanted originally fell through

Vows/ceremony: Need to get on this one! A friend is marrying us and it’s his first time doing a wedding, so he’s unlikely to provide us any helpful guidance on how the ceremony should go. This means I need to start doing some research! 

Bridesmaids: Going the mismatched route, and I don’t think any of them have picked out or bought their dresses yet. I’m not super stressed about it though. I *am* kinda stressed that I changed color schemes and haven’t told one of them yet. Bad bride! And I still am kind of stumped as to what gifts to give them. 

Invitations: well, at least we’ve sent out save-the-dates. But I haven’t even picked out our invitations yet. :/ I know I need to get on this because I want to do letterpress, which has a longer turnaround. I’ve been dragging my feet because before I order invitations, I need to make our website so I can put the url on the invitiations. And making the website seems like a hassle. Say it ain’t so? Anyone had good luck with squarespace or riley & grey?

Music: dj booked, but I’m still toying with the idea of classical guitar for the ceremony. And we need to pick processional/recessional/etc music. 

The outfit: I have my dress, but haven’t found a tailor yet. I have accessories & shoes & someone to do my makeup, but no hair person. The boy is starting suit shopping this weekend. 

Honeymoon: booked! 

Misc: I love crafting normally, but I haven’t planned a lot of wedding diy just because I’m in grad school and I know it would end up being too stressful. My one diy is our seating chart; I have a plan, but need to work out the logistics. 

Okay, that was kind of helpful for me, so apologies if it’s boring to read. Ladies, we are only 107 days out from the big day!

Post # 33
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - On a Cliff Overlooking the Bay, Florida

baxbie:  A practical wedding is a great website to help write your ceremony/vows. A friend is also marring us but this is his 5th so he has a standard ceremopny he uses and welcomed me to add/remove anythign i wanted and i got a ton of ideas from A Practical Wedding’s website!!

Post # 34
5 posts
Newbee

FutureMrsHouy:  Thanks for the tip! I read apracticalwedding occasionally, but I’ll have to check out the posts on vows. 

Post # 35
92 posts
Worker bee

We’re twinning!! LOL I have so much to do still. We still need a florist, officiant, official DJ, we have one that that tells us we’re in his calender but we just haven’t officially booked him. I have to finish centerpieces, flowergirl headpieces, my bouquet and bridesmaids, make the invitations….I know there is more but can’t remember AHHH!!!

Post # 38
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - Gardens

Yay! We share a wedding month!

I am currently in the midst of:

• Finalising invitations and sending
  • Organising guys outfits
  • Paying balances for officiant, caterer, dj and photographer
  • DIY centrepieces and decorations- pompoms, balloon arch & stringing 1200 twinkle lights
  • Writing my ceremony, my vows and my wedding speech
  • Getting trials for hair, makeup and nails
  • Organising a cut/colour before my day
  • Dress alterations
Post # 39
509 posts
Busy bee

HOW have I JUST NOW found this thread?!?!?! I’m getting married March 28, 2015! Cant wait! Picking up my dress tomorrow!!

Post # 40
302 posts
Helper bee

I started to have wedding nightmares. Like I’m trying to get ready and my hair is a mess, my friends won’t put thier dresses on and they keep telling me to relax but my dad calls me and says the ceremony started without me. Or all my guests are at the tables and the DJ never showed and the venue forgot to make dinner. 

Ugh! 

Post # 41
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - On a Cliff Overlooking the Bay, Florida

LAX03:  OH NO! it sounds like you need a ME day to get your mind off a few things. My Fiance and I made a pact if we talk wedding during the week it’s only for 2 days and thats it or no talk of wedding during the week and we knock it all out on the weekend. That goes the same for me and finishing up the centerpieces.

Post # 42
305 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting to a point where i just wish everything was done, its consuming what very little spare time I have. Don’t get me wrong im incredibly excited but it would be lovely if i was so rich i could pay someone to do it all 🙂 x

Post # 43
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2015 - Barn Restaurant

springbee2015: 

ahhh to dream!!

I am right there with you!! I wish I could pay someone too! I am so overwhelmed! I have had to help/decorate my shower which is this weekend and I will be making and decorating cupcakes for (same day I have a fitting too), I have to help plan/organize/decorate the bachelorette party….and I have my 2 year old’s bday party to throw in a few weeks! 

I have very little time between work, baby, life, etc! Not to mention all the stressful situations that randomly arise! 

Know that you are not alone in this!! haha

Post # 44
305 posts
Helper bee

Boston_MrsS_to_be:  your life sounds very similar. I have two year old twins! My bridesmaids are getting stressed with sorting the hen do so I’m stepping in. It’s less stressful for me to just do it. Between home/work/kids/gym/sorting the wedding and trying to get dressed each day I’m exhausted 😛 xx we can so it were women and just awesome xx

Post # 45
92 posts
Worker bee

Just checking in! I still actually have so much to do!!

Hoping to order bridesmaid dresses and flowergirl dresses next weekend(I’ve had to wait for everyone to get me their money, etc.). My dress will be in 1st week of Feb then debating where to get it altered and if I want all the alterations. (bustle or no bustle).

I have to assemble invites and mail. Finish place card tags. Start seating chart. Pick photos for DJ slideshow. Choose songs.

Ring bearer neads to be fitted. Find flowergirl shoes. Finish flowergirl headpieces. Order my bouquet and make boutonnieres. Ordering babys breath about 2 weeks prior, will come in week prior and at that time finish centerpieces and bridesmaids bouquets. Finish rest of mason jar centerpieces(decorating and painting them). I have a chalkboard canvas for program instead of paper programs.

I feel there is more but this is just off the top of my head HAHAHA

The topic ‘28 MAR 15 – any date twins :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors