(Closed) 28 Reasons You’re Better Off Never Having Kid

posted 4 years ago in Parenting
Post # 3
2613 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

SO and I would both like them possibly in the future, but at the same time, we wouldn’t be heartbroken if we ended up past child-having ages. Luckily, baby fever has not been an issue for me, but I still try to avoid triggering it, and articles like this help.

ETA: #18 definitely applies. I have had that exact experience, lol.

Post # 5
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Ahh I guess Im 100% for a baby. While reading those 28 reasons, I instantly came up with another reason to have a kid for every single one. I literally was defendng having a kid to myself, such a weird inner monolouge to have. 

Post # 6
2554 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hah, I love it!

Post # 7
25 posts
Newbee

@MichiganGirl24:  lmao I dnt want kids for at least a few more years and this almost made me want to prolong. HILARIOUS. thanks for the share 

Post # 8
2415 posts
Buzzing bee

@MichiganGirl24:  

I love it!

The part about it costing $241k to raise a kid caught my eye.

I’m guessing it costs way more than that. 

Post # 9
672 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@MichiganGirl24:  This is hilarious. DH and I are “pro one-child-only”, so we’ll see.

That being said, if we aren’t able to have kids, we are totally cool with that. We have two dogs and two cats and already feel complete now.

Post # 10
1833 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@SparkleBee11:  Haha I thought the same while reading through them. Made me want to have a baby even more lol!

Post # 11
635 posts
Busy bee

I go back and forth on kids. I do like being able to focus on me and my wants… But at the safry time, I LIKE kids.

What I absolutely don’t like… Are babies. Adoption, yo. Babies are weird and gross and look like they have an old man’s head on a pug’s body.

Post # 12
2613 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Bracelet00:  I love babies and toddlers, but my love for children slowly declines until I reach what is pretty much hate at teenagers. So, for me, my anti-children logic consists of reminding myself that they’re only cute and squeezable for a few years.

Post # 13
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

If being able to own designer clothing is a reason for someone to not want a baby then it’s best that they don’t have kids anyways.  I want 1, FI wants 2 or 3.  I’m hoping that once he sees how much work they are he’ll only want 1 too.  And I’m with MsW-to-MrsM that teenagers suck.  Hopefully I won’t hate my own as much simply because they’re mine.

Post # 14
635 posts
Busy bee

@MsW-to-MrsM:  Good. You have the baby, then bring the creature unto me.

Post # 15
2170 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@MichiganGirl24:  We are in the exact same situation. We are 31 and 38 and neither of us have a burning desire for kids. I am afraid though that one day we will be really old and lonely and wish we had them. I dunno…we’ll figure it out I guess. Our parents would be heartbroken if we didn’t but you can’t have kids just because someone else would like to see it happen. 

Post # 16
4050 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@MsW-to-MrsM:  Boarding school! I love babies and I love elementary school kids. Teenagers? I don’t want to touch one with a ten foot pole. Boarding school sounds like an awesome idea for both parties. Limit your time together, and parent and child may both come out unscathed!

The topic ‘28 Reasons You’re Better Off Never Having Kid’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors