(Closed) 28 weeks Pregnant Bridesmaid wearing J Crew dress

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I think the empire cut of the Taryn dress would work best for a baby bump.  The only problem would be the large bust and strapless dress – just get a very supportive bra.  JCrew dresses run pretty true to street size, if a little bit large.  You might want to go with a size 12 so you have room to take it in, and you don’t want it to come up short in the front because of the bump.  Some people say they aren’t showing that much at 5 1/2 – 6 months, but I had a very obvious bump from about 20 weeks on.  

Congrats on your pregnancy! I’m 36 weeks now and slowing down, but I felt really good at 28 weeks.  

Post # 4
7647 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2012

I can’t give you any real advice seeing as how I am not pregnant nor have I worn either dress, but I loike the second one a lot. Strapless are ok for women with larger chests, but I would go the safe route and get the second one. It will look adorable with a baby bump too 🙂

Post # 5
4150 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I own the J. Crew Juliet, which I don’t see on their website anymore but it’s very similar to the Taryn.  Either of those would be great for a baby bump since they have the empire waist and flowy bottom.

ETA: One other thing, I own 3 J. Crew bridesmaid dresses and they’re not made for busty girls….so keep that in mind when ordering as your chest grows with your bump. 🙂

Post # 6
7770 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

These are perfect for a baby bump.  You are going to look so cute!

Post # 7
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Taryn looks like it would be a better cut.  I had a 36 week preg bridesmaid in my wedding and she wore a dress with a similar high waist.  In that same friends wedding she had 2 preg bridesmaids and we  wore a jcrew dress.  Again high waisted for the bump.  Also if you felt uncomfortable without straps I am sure they could be added.

Post # 8
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@bellacarina:  I would absolutely NOT buy the Taryn dress for the fact alone that you said you have a large chest (without being pregnant!) For my bridesmaids that tried on this dress with larger breasts, it did not fit them or look right on them at all. The top of the Taryn has a built in bra and looks great on girls with little to no boobs at all. Actually, a lot of the dresses my girls tried on at J.Crew were not made for girls with larger chests.

For being pregant, I would definitely go with the Louisa or the Sinclair dresses. Everyone hated the Sinclair dress online, but that was the only dress that looked good on EVERY girl that tried it on! Stay away from Taryn and def stay away from Lucienne – not flattering at all! 

Post # 9
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Both of those dresses are adorable! But one thing just popped into my mind… Once you have a bump under there, the fabric is going to have to accommodate it, and it might make the dress even shorter than it already is in the front. I don’t know how tall you are, but you might want to keep that in mind. Maybe consider buying a long/full-length empire waist dress, and then have it hemmed a week or so before the wedding?

The topic ‘28 weeks Pregnant Bridesmaid wearing J Crew dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors