(Closed) 3-23-13

posted 6 years ago in March 2013
Post # 3
619 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@MrsWBS:  100 days indeed!  I took note of that today!  We got a lot done (I think).

This week I ordered our wedding card box (from Etsy since Im not crafty) and a sand shadowbox for the ceremony.

Off the top of my head, heres what we have left:

purchase wedding bands

ceremony/music selections

finalize menu selections

decide on / make tux appts

gifts for groomesmen/ring bearer

first fitting on saturday! (havent seen my dress yet and apparently its due in this week, but tomrorow is friday and I havent received a call!) – stressing over this

guests bags for hotel

toiletry items for mens and ladies rooms at reception with odds and ends

Thats all I can think of for now.

Post # 4
35 posts
Newbee

purple_sofia

If you need suggestions for groomsmen gifts.. here’s a link that you can follow… http://weddingshop.theknot.com/groomsmen-gifts.aspx There are tons of gift selections to choose from.. My personal favourite are the clip quartz watches with free personalization.. I’m not certain if the sale is still going on but the prices were ridiculously affordable.. hope that helps.

Post # 5
162 posts
Blushing bee

Yay! Date twins!

Still to do…

1. Need to find shoes and accessories for me

2. Create our paper lantern centerpieces

3. Meet with bakery about cake

4. Book our honeymoon (I know… I know… Way behind!) lol

5. Finish designing invitations! :-/

So excited that we’re finally getting close. πŸ™‚

Post # 6
35 posts
Newbee

@Elayne51:  would any of these shoes work for you?

Post # 7
619 posts
Busy bee

@RikaBee01:  Thanks, we’ll check it out!  We ordered our favors through The Knot – Bottles of hot sauce with custon labels! πŸ™‚

Post # 8
35 posts
Newbee

@purple_sofia:  awesome, sounds good πŸ™‚ their prices are pretty reasonable.. you are quite welcome.

Post # 9
162 posts
Blushing bee

@RikaBee01, OMG! Love those shoes!!! Like, seriously.

Unfortunately though, I think I’ll be wearing flats. If I wear heels, I’ll be taller than my guy. πŸ™‚ PLUS… My feet hurt big time when I wear heels for an extended period of time. So, instead of cute shoes, I’ll be going for cute jewelry! Maybe a statement necklace or just blingy earrings.

Thanks for your help though!!

Post # 10
35 posts
Newbee

@Elayne51:  I completely understand.. and you are most welcome Laughing all the best to you and your special guy Wink

Post # 11
210 posts
Helper bee

89 days to go now!!

We just ordered our invitations and I plan on officially order our cake this week and take my dress to the seamstress next week. I spoke with the bakery several months ago and we were still deciding on the cake style but now have our style chosen

I made my brooch bouquet and have my bridemaids dresses ordered,

UI have a few things I need to order off etsy including my cake topper, wedding card box, and my bridesmaids hair clips

Post # 12
542 posts
Busy bee

@proverbs131:  I’m so happy to see you just ordered your invited yesterday.  I plan on ordering ours tomorrow and was kinda freaking out thinking we were way behind.  Lol. Glad I’m not the only one.  BTW date twins!!!!  πŸ™‚

Post # 13
339 posts
Helper bee

@Curly W:  

@proverbs131:  

Woohoo date triplits!! :). Oh man, I’m stressing out. I’m about halfway done with the invitations, everything is printed I’m just writing all the addresses on the envelopes and stuffing them all by myself so that’s taken a while. I still have to:

Find a makeup and hair person (no clue on how to find a good one…)

Finish up ordering reception decorations online

Finalize ceremony readings and music

So many odds and ends… today we ordered his band and booked our wedding night hotel room :). Fun stuff ladies! For the 3/23/13 gals, only 87 more days!! Merry Christmas too! πŸ™‚

Post # 14
210 posts
Helper bee

@aranel1002:  Where are you getting  your reception decorations?

Post # 15
339 posts
Helper bee

@proverbs131:  I am going to have centerpieces that are round vases with an orchid in them, filled with waterbeads and water, a floating purple candle with some ribbon around towards the bottom all ontop of a round mirror. So far all I have are the vases which I got in bulk from Dollar Tree, I am planning on getting everything else on Amazon probably, craft supplies can be so expensive in stores like Michaels. We have a low budget so I’m going to get everything for 20 tables for under $150 I think πŸ™‚

Post # 16
210 posts
Helper bee

@aranel1002: I was going to buy some vases on dollartree and kept looking at them and waited until I had the extra money and suddenly the vases weren’t on their website anymore. I was a little bummed πŸ™‚  I bought my candle holders for my centerpieces yesterday from Big Lots. They are really candle holders and a little blingy plate. I just need some sort of green flower  or green candle to put into my centerpieces.

We recieved our invitations today. In all the editing I forgot to add my RSVP information on the actual invitation since we weren’t sending out RSVP cards, but are going to have to now, we will order the RSVP cards tomorrow and rush ship them so I can put them all in the mail the first weekend of January. 

Even though we are going to now enclose a card with the RSVP information on it; We are not having mail back response card.The RSVP options are online through our wedding website or by calling our google voice telephone number that has a detailied voicemail message for people to leave their RSVP’s…. I know the older people might not like our non-traditional rsvp methods, but we are saving on stamps and saving on the pain of response cards getting lost in the mail… I really wanted to be eco friendly…but if we reordered our invites with the rsvp information on them we would be wasting paper so we are just order a smaller paper to enclose

The topic ‘3-23-13’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors