3.64 vs 4ct round solitaire

posted 2 weeks ago in Rings
  • poll: Would there be a noticeable difference between a 3.64 vs 4ct round solitaire?

Yes, a noticeable difference

Yes, not enough to get a 4ct

No, not a noticeable difference

• Post # 2
    5622 posts
    Bee Keeper

Bigger is bigger….I get it. But there is already enough finger coverage happening. I say leave it as is. 

Post # 3
    384 posts
    Helper bee

I agree that thats more than enough coverage for a round. But if you’re second guessing, go with your gut

Post # 4
    1890 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: December 2013

It really depends on the mm of the stones. Even though a 4 carat weighs more it might not have much of a difference in mm, visual size, to justify the cost to the bigger carat. It looks like a big beautiful stone as it is. Remember cut is the most important C. ☺️

Post # 5
    402 posts
    Helper bee

As diamonds increase in carat size it takes a greater increase in carat size to see a visual difference.  3.64 to 4 should be under a 10 percent increase in face-up area so you wouldn’t see a difference.  I don’t think it would be worth the premium you’d pay to not see a noticeable difference.

Post # 6
    9467 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper

In terms of the outside world, I think anyone who sees that is going to think “holy crap that’s giant” no matter what so no, they’re not going to notice a difference.

But it sounds like it might be a mental thing with you to hit the 4 carat mark and if you’re going to regret it, then you should go for it now while you’re still in the return window. 

Post # 7
    2364 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
    @ann123:  I think the size you have now is lovely!

Post # 8
    1367 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

It looks great and also is very big imo!  I wouldn’t go any bigger.  Looks great as is.

Post # 9
    1584 posts
    Bumble bee

I think the difference is going to be minimal. And a 3.64 ct is already huge!  People are going to look at that and think it’s a 4 ct anyways as our eyes tend to look and round off for us.  At least I think so.  LOL.  But trust me, it looks really big.

Post # 10
    881 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2016

There is definitely enough finger coverage, and it looks pretty big IMO! I think it’s lovely! and you should leave it as it =)

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors