3 BM that are family dropped out, do I still invite them to the wedding?

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 2
1758 posts
Buzzing bee

Do NOT let them be bridesmaids anymore. I wouldn’t talk to them again. Since they’re family I guess you have to send them an invite but I wouldn’t care if they declined. This wedding is all about YOU!

Post # 3
10102 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
thisthingcalledlove :  

Well, I think you have been more  than accomodating. I would send a text saying   “ well I’ve been thinking , and you are right  you don’t have to wear any colour  you feel horrible in so,   no need to worry any more, just come as a guest  and then you can wear any colour you want. I’m happy to go with just ( 3 friends names). 

And then don’t  engage any more, particularly don’t engage  in any wedding drama. I wouldn’t for instance  uninvite  them from the wedding altogether  , too hard for parents  etc. Might be useful to ask your dad to make sure they don’t perform  on the  day . I don’t believe they will ,  would make then look too foolish

Good luck with it all OP. 

Post # 4
164 posts
Blushing bee

I can’t believe this is for real. What is wrong with your sisters?  I think the first blush dresses were gorgeous. 

I agree with Elderbee above. 

Post # 5
47439 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Elderbee has the right approach. Tell them that you do undertsand their point of view, that you don’t want them to wear a color they are not comfortable in, but that is the color of the Bridesmaid or Best Man dress and you look forward to them attending as guests.

Then do not engage further.

Post # 6
2842 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

View original reply
thisthingcalledlove :  Jeesh, sorry bee but your sisters sound pretty awful and extremely entitled. I would not give in to their ridiculous behavior and just move on with the bridesmaids you have left. The colors you have picked are perfectly acceptable and popular colors for bridesmaids so I don’t get why they are even being huffy about it.  Could your fourth sister step in and tell them that they are being a bunch of asshats? 

Post # 7
621 posts
Busy bee

Wow your sisters are something else! Makes me appreciate mine! I only have one but she’s supportive and would never do something like that! I wouldn’t want to invite them either. They don’t sound like they can be mature enough to set aside their pettiness. The last thing you want is drama on our wedding day. I say if our other bridesmaids haven’t purchased their dresses yet, go back to the blush color. Tell your sisters if they can set aside their drama, they can come. Tell them if they can’t, stay home. Gosh I REALL hope they don’t ruin your day! How shallow!

Post # 8
1242 posts
Bumble bee

i only read a portion of this because i would have made up my mind after the first time they threw a fit. yea, they should be invited as guests…but they should be as involved in your wedding as great-aunt irma would be. everyone knows you wear the dress the bride chooses so long as it isn’t astronomically expensive or showing nipple/something equally outlandish. it wont look great on you…you will never wear it again…but you buy it and wear it and shut the hell up.

Post # 9
2558 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

How old are your sisters? High school?

Post # 10
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2018

It’s horrible that a bunch of adult women can’t suck it up and wear a dress color they don’t like for one day to stand with their sister at her wedding. Besides, I think the original color is beautiful and you have been more than accommodating giving your BM’s so much freedom to choose their dresses and accessories! I agree with greeneyedbee. If they can grow up and put their petty drama aside they can come to the wedding, otherwise they can stay home!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors