3 Bridesmaids, 3 Groomsmen and 1 Groomswoman

posted 2 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 2
10473 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2016

I had 2 bridesmaids and my husband had 2 groomsmen and a groomswoman:

Our Maid/Matron of Honor and best man walked down the aisle together and then one of the groomsmen walked down with a bridesmaid and the groomswoman:

It’s really not especially complicated.

Post # 3
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

At our wedding, we are going to have three bridesmaids, two groomsmen and a best woman.  Number will be even, but we have the one girl on my fiance’s side.  Originally, I was going to have her wear the same dress style as the bridesmaids but in a different color (a charcoal/gunpowder color to match the mens’ suits or something) but then my parents got all weird about it because the settings are so traditional (church is huge and old and gothic, but also super liberal and stuff so… not an issue for them, but whatever) so now she’s just going to wear the same dress/color as the bridesmaids and just stand on my fiance’s side.  It should be lovely.

As for uneven sides, I was was a bridesmaid in a wedding where I was one of three bridesmaids and the groom only had one groomsman.  It was fine.  Probably would have looked weird if it was extremely lopsided, but 3 and 1 isn’t all that lopsided.  3 bridesmaids/4 groomsmen/woman doesn’t seem like it would be an issue to me.

Post # 4
13399 posts
Honey Beekeeper

If the relationships call for uneven sides, then that’s what they should be. There’s nothing unusual about it. People aren’t props. 

Post # 5
3376 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

We both had 5, but DH had a groomswoman, so there were 6 women and 4 men. She wore grey (as did the rest of the guys), and BMs in a blush palette. It’ll all look fine!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors