(Closed) 3 bridesmaids chose same dress…will it look strange if 4th chooses different?

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
9917 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

If the dresses have different strap areas…that means they are not the same dress.  I think you’ll be fine.

Post # 5
1548 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Those are the exact dresses I showed my bridesmaids to choose also! I think once they are altered with straps they won’t even look like the same dress anymore, so the 4th bridesmaid won’t look strange. 

Post # 6
9917 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

@newname_99:  Actually to avoid problems I would contact the one who hasn’t chosen and say, “Hey!  Three girls have chosen x style…do you like it?  Everyone is doing different straps.  I think it would look so good on you!”

That might sway her in the right direction…

Post # 8
1294 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

ya i agree with PP with the straps being different it should be okay 🙂 they sound beautiful!

Post # 9
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I think everyone will look great and not too different!

Post # 10
1375 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I had my bridesmaids choose a little black dress, tea to knee-ish length.  2 wore strapless, 2 wore one shoulder, one in short sleeves, one in a halter neck.  They all looked amazingly beautiful.  If you gave your ladies the option to choose their own dresses, stick to it.  They will look different enough from one another that it won’t look odd at all!

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I think that it will look fine if she chooses a different dress, especially if the other ones have different straps going on.  They’ll look great!

The topic ‘3 bridesmaids chose same dress…will it look strange if 4th chooses different?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors