(Closed) 3 carat Engagement ring too big

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
128 posts
Blushing bee

It’s a little big for my taste, but it’s a beautiful ring, so of course it’s going to get attention!

Post # 3
2317 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

It’s not my style but if you like it that’s all that matters. A 3 carat was always going to get noticed

Post # 4
2329 posts
Buzzing bee

A lot depends on your age and your circles. Younger women with 2ct+ stones turn far more heads than older women. If your friends are all still struggling to pay off debt and cant afford to go on vacations, 2ct+ is going to turn heads. 

I would gladly rock up to about a 2 or 2.5, I believe, on a 4.5 finger. But I’m 31, and most of my friends have their lives together.

I say do whatever you like. If you love the size, you love the size – no one else matters!

Post # 5
457 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
penny86 :  Wowzers it’s a big one! Beautiful too. It’s your Engagement ring… Show it off. 💙

Post # 6
817 posts
Busy bee

I love it. If it’s your style, then why worry?? A three carat rock is going to look enormous even if you have size ten fingers.

Post # 7
15531 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

It definitely looks huge, but honestly, if I saw that, I wouldn’t think it was a diamond so there isn’t really anything to be paranoid about in terms of getting robbed or people judging you for having something worth a luxury car on your finger.

Post # 8
838 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

For me, yeah thats definitely in “look at me! Im so wealthy!” territory. If thats not what youre going for then Id choose something more modest. If it is… well, nice ring! Its definitely going to illicit attention to have a diamond-look at that size. Though depending on other factors IRL I might assume it was a sim.

In the end, do what makes you happy. But if it makes you self concious then switch it up.

Post # 9
3606 posts
Sugar bee

“Paranoid”? Are you worried about getting mugged or something? If so, consider trading it in, because that’s the type of feeling that’s not going to go away and I wouldn’t want to feel like that all the time if I were you. However, if you’re just a little surprised and abashed at the amount of attention it’s getting, you’ll get used to it pretty quickly.

Post # 10
2133 posts
Buzzing bee

It’s definitely stunning but it will draw attention to you. I agree with PPs. 

Post # 11
7881 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

It is nice, but I can see how it might garner some unwanted attention. It comes with the territory of a large diamond-like stone. If it had been real, it could be worth a year’s salary depending on what you do for a living! I wouldn’t want to be a potential target. 

Post # 12
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Are ou concerned people will thinkit is not a diamond, or are you open about it being a moissanite? If the former, then es, it is too big for most people to think it is a diamond. If it is the latter, and ou like the size, then enjoy the big look. I would happily wear a diamond that size if someone wanted to gift me one (as long as it was white, clean and sparkly).

Post # 13
4807 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
penny86 :  Your ring is beautiful!  I have a 3+ ct OMC diamond which looked on the large size, but once I was married and had a wedding band next to it, it didn’t seem so noticeable.  Enjoy!!

Post # 15
1135 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

it’s too big for my taste personally. But you asked 🙂 If you love it, rock it!

The topic ‘3 carat Engagement ring too big’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors