(Closed) 3 carat Engagement ring too big

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 151
274 posts
Helper bee

Unless you drive a Bentley or similar, and have the lifestyle to match this ring it will be extremely obvious it’s a faux wannabe. Are you paranoid people will know you’re a poser? 

Post # 152
2035 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
spoilwife08 :  Regardless of the fact that this thread is two years old, I’m confused by your ring and your statements. I don’t see a 3 ct? Maybe in total weight. Just not really understanding how that’s “going big”…

Post # 153
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2008

View original reply
sdxz554 : Wow,what do you drive? How many carats is your ring? Do you rent or own a home? We have 3 vehicles car,suv,truck…. 4carat ring……own our big ass house 3car garage…2kids…..Let me rub this in your face since you wanna judge me …..I’m a Stay-At-Home Mom 

Post # 154
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2008

View original reply
youngbride2012 :  I would never wear a FAKE ring my husband always  make sure  I have top of the line stuff. My screen name speaks  for itself.Let me see your ring haha

Post # 155
7682 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Err this is getting weird. 

View original reply
spoilwife08 :  You are replying to people who aren’t replying to you. However your ring isnt 4ct. Its 4 tcw. You are bragging to the wrong people – especially after posting a picture obviously showing its a quad set. 

Post # 156
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Wow.. I’m new to this forum but I do belong to others. I’m shocked and disappointed by some of these comments. 

I say, wear whatever makes you happy, are comfortable with and can afford… big, small, diamond, or not. I personally love seeing the variety of tastes and styles on here.  

Post # 157
9432 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Venturing into this thread all like

Post # 158
208 posts
Helper bee

You are going to get attention and stares with a stone that big. However, if you love your stone you would probably enjoy the attention. If people noticing your ring makes you feel “paranoid” then you probably feel that the stone is too big. It is totally up to you! I think it is beautiful for a RHR. Perhaps too much for an everyday ring IMO. However, it is YOUR ring! 

Post # 159
485 posts
Helper bee

This post has certainly taken a crazy turn… 

Post # 160
8936 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
spoilwife08 :  Someone here would probably be willing to show you how the internet works if you’re interested. Concepts such as threads, replies, etc. Regarding your screen name speaking for itself, when I see “spoil” I think of old yogurt or rancid egg salad.

Post # 161
22 posts
Newbee

View original reply
spoilwife08 :   You’re confused regarding how the boards work.   The comments you think are being directed at you, are actually directed at OP (aka the person who started this thread..years ago), Not you.

The only comments here that are actually directed towards you are the ones with your user name at the beginning of them… such as this one, jellybellynelly’s and daisy_mae’s

Post # 162
332 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
spoilwife08 :  I think a majority of the people on this board are more impressed with someone who has a dainty solitare and a kind personality vs. someone who has a cluster of diamonds and a braggadocious personality. 

Post # 163
22 posts
Newbee

View original reply
spoilwife08 :  Just to add- I also think you should probably apologize to the 2 bees you just went OFF on (who again, weren’t even talking to you) because of your foolish mistake and piss poor attitude. I really dont think anyone here even acknowledged your ring.  You need to get off your pedestal because, while yes your set is beautiful, a 4 CTW quad set ring is not an unattainable purchase for many many people.  

Post # 165
885 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

View original reply
nalanain :  I agree as well! And it’s interesting because spoilwife is clearly following the thread because she’s made that type of reply to a second person now, but she seems to be ignoring all the comments that are ACTUALLY directed to her?

Anyway, my advice (to anyone reading this, I guess!) is to wear the ring if you love it, and rock it. It’s YOUR ring, and others’ opinions really shouldn’t matter. What matters is that you love it… and love your fiancé/husband too! (Oh, and being a nice person about it all goes very far too! 😉 )

The topic ‘3 carat Engagement ring too big’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors