(Closed) 3 carat Engagement ring too big

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
1096 posts
Bumble bee

It’s probably drawing a lot of attention because people think it’s a diamond therefore expensive. It’s up to you if you want people to speculate or tell them that it’s a moissy. Personally, it looks to big for me regardless the type of stone. It’s pretty though.

Post # 17
1034 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

It is a gorgeous ring! 🙂 Ultimately, our opinions matter very little. 

If you love it, then it is the perfect ring for you! The size will turn heads for sure. Some people will assume it is real, some will assume it is not, most won’t care. I personally LOVE larger stones but find that they look weird on my finger. You have lovely hands and it looks stunning. 

Congratulations 🙂 

Post # 18
5641 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2009 - New York, NY

It looks a bit big for my taste, but that’s a matter of personal style.  I have a solitaire with an F1 of the same size of yours, but my finger is a size 9.

Post # 19
3058 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

It’s very pretty! More than likely will be assumed to be a diamond simulant because of the very large size, and unique cut.  I wouldn’t let that bother me though if I liked it. 

I thought they had worked out the dark centre issue with the F1 type of mossanite but I see it in the first photo?

Post # 20
263 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
penny86 :  I would definitely notice a 3 carat ring on anyone’s finger. At 3 carats, unless the person was wealthy I would assume it is not a diamond. No one I know in real life has a 3 carat solitaire stone, or even past a 1 carat solitaire for that matter. However, if you love it, then rock it! Your ring is gorgeous.

Post # 21
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
penny86 :  I think it looks beautiful. I love large stones. I think you’ll get used to the size wearing it for a bit. Rock the rock! 🙂

Post # 23
30 posts
Newbee

I think it’s beautiful! It’s a very classic setting. I think a smaller stone but a very ornate setting would draw more attention. There have been some threads here on “ring shrinkage.” It might appear giant now, but you might get used to it!

Post # 24
280 posts
Helper bee

Its big yes but its an absolutely stunning ring. 

Post # 25
685 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
penny86 :  it is beautiful but a bit too large for my tastes. 

Post # 26
177 posts
Blushing bee

It’s stunning. Are you going to pair it with a band? If so, I would with something plain to your center stone rally shines. 

Post # 27
1503 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
penny86 :  I think it’s beautiful. I wear a 9mm OEC (~2.7 ct from my recall) and never get questioned. That may be because I am an older Bee and perhaps more financially able to have this size. I also have a larger finger size so I feel like I pull it off…If you feel uncomfortable after a bit, maybe downsize to an 8mm. Congratulations on your engagement!

Post # 28
232 posts
Helper bee

I love it! I don’t look at that and see “look at me I’m wealthy”. I just see a beautiful ring and a woman who is clearly loved!! : )

Post # 29
205 posts
Helper bee

[content moderated for snark]

Post # 30
208 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
penny86 :  Where are you located? In America this size may not be a big deal. I’m in Australia and 1ct is seen as a substantial diamond size and most of my family, friends, and social circles would notice the ‘large rock’. Everyone would notice and do a double take if you were wearing a 3ct sized rock – I know I would check it out! 

If you feel very self conscious, perhaps order another with a 1.5ct and swap them out for different occasions? It is still a very beautiful ring, it is just understandle it will attract attention

ETA: I checked your profile and it says QLD. It is completely understandable it is attracting a lot of attention here. Most rich Australian celebs (think Jen Hawkins, Bec Judd, Jesinta Campbell) have around ~2ct centre stones and rings that are worth $75-100k here. It’s a lot of money to pull off. 

The topic ‘3 carat Engagement ring too big’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors