(Closed) 3 carat Engagement ring too big

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 76
880 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2006

View original reply
weddingsarehard :  

That’s not fair to your Mother-In-Law and 8 carats looks like some Elizabeth Taylor diamond. Ewww!

Post # 77
693 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
penny86 :  i love it. i think because it’s a solitaire it totally works. 

Post # 78
880 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2006

View original reply
Slick :  

The OP asked for opinions. She is going to get honesty just like anyone else who asks for the viewpoints of other Bees. 

I agree with your comments about many factors being important whne it comes to stone size. 

Post # 79
741 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

View original reply
penny86 :  what’s it like from the side?

Post # 80
299 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
teambryan :  I agree! I’m shocked at some of these comments but i’m not even gonna go there …

Your ring is beautiful! I too want a ring that carat size and couldn’t care less what anyone thought about it. If you like it and feel comfortable in it then that’s all that matters. I think because it’s new it may seem a bit big but I promise you after time passes it you’ll get used to it and not see it that way. No matter what style and size you get someones going to hate it someone’s going to love it and someone is going to be jealous lol just rock it and enjoy your ring! Congrats on your engagement

Post # 81
631 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
penny86 :  “Too big” is a relative term, and you should only be concerned if you think its too big or not. Dont let others change your opinion if you love it!

If you are paranoid about people thinking its real, your friends and family probably know your situation and will base their judgement on that, and strangers, well who cares what strangers think! Some will think it is, some will assume its not.

If you are paranoid about being robbed, I have a 3 ct diamond (insured) and I always turn my ring around so only the band is visible (before I even get out of my car) if I think I am going to be in a unsafe place, and it makes me feel 100x better. I work in a secure building with attached parking, and on the weekends I am usually with Fiance, so this mainly just happens if I am in a parking lot or if I have to go to the grocery store by myself. If you find yourself doing this all the time, I would just switch to something small for your peace of mind (or have 2!). Just remember, whatever makes YOU happy!   

Post # 82
10598 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

It’s a pretty ring and if you like it you should wear it with pride. Would I look at it an think it was a diamond? No. But it doesn’t make it any less pretty.

Post # 83
295 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
slomotion :  I have to ask you, because this is the point I was referring to in my previous post. Not that it should matter what it is because it’s no one’s business…But what would lead you to automatically think that it’s not a diamond. Not knowing OP from Adam, what about that stone would lead you to that decision? 

Post # 84
10598 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
sunshinelove007 :  I’m trying to find a way to phrase this in the nicest way possible because I think everyone should love and enjoy what they like and certainly don’t want to be offensive to OP’s ring. But to answer honestly, it looks like costume jewlery to me or kind of like one of those free rings you get in those special surprise candles. I think part of that is the size and part of it is the setting. Not to say it isn’t a lovely ring, but, thats what I see when I look at it. 

Post # 85
2689 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
penny86 :  IMO that ring on your fingers looks like it’s in celebrity territory. If you’re worried about people thinking its fake, they probably will. If you are worried about the “look” it does look like a big honker on your finger. I think 2carats in a round is the biggest yous hould go if you want a subtle looks personally.

Post # 86
2309 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I love it! 

Post # 87
217 posts
Helper bee

It also depends if you want people to know if its fake or not. For example, if I saw a 3ct ring on a cashier or a waitress’ finger, I would know its a fake, or a moissy at best. However, if you and Fiance have white collar jobs and can actually live the lifestule to pull it off, sure. But still, its just a moissy, if it were a diamond, it would be a different story.

Post # 88
27 posts
Newbee

I think it’s beautiful. Don’t worry about what others think. 

Post # 89
295 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
elsa0984 :  So if you have a ‘blue collar’ job, you can’t afford an expensive piece of jewelry? I think that’s a false stereotype (for lack of a better word)…I know many ‘blue collar’ employees making well into the 6 figures and beyond their ‘white collar’ counterparts. 

And before the BeePolice come marching in, my comments aren’t to ‘stir the pot’, it’s simply an attempt to understand why people make such assumptions.

Post # 90
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016 - Hunting Hill Mansion

I like it! The more you wear it, the more you’ll get used it it. It probably won’t feel quite so big after a while.

The topic ‘3 carat Engagement ring too big’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors