3 carat princess cut engagement ring

posted 6 years ago in Accessories
Post # 5
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@AlinaW:  Whats your ring size? A 3 ct on a size 4 will look really different than on a size 10

Post # 6
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

What size is your finger?  I’m a 4 3/4 and I have a 1.5 carat.  The first thing most people comment on when they see it for the first time is how big it is. 

Post # 7
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

this is 2 carats total on a size 6.5 finger

Post # 9
283 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@AlinaW:  Princess cut stones can sometimes look smaller because of the way they are cut, a lot of them tend to be deep, (this can be har to explain) so for example you may have a whole lot of diamond undernieth the top part of the stone. When you’re at the jewellers ask for a fairly symetrical stone and one that is not cut too deep. You dont want all your carat wieght at the bottom of the diamond where no one can see it! A good jeweller will know what you’re talking about.

Post # 10
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@AlinaW:  Are you getting a diamnd or something else?

If you are wanting a diamond has it occured to you you Fiance thinks that you should have a smaller ring due to price? Three carats is silly expensive, big expectations (demands) could lead to no ring at all.

If you are going for a cheaper alternative, fair enogh, but a stone that size will look fake.

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Here are pics that may help. Centre stone is 3.2 ct and side stones are 0.5 each. There are pics with/without wedding band. I am a size 4.25.

From my personal experience, if you are leaning toward a larger stone, go for it!

Post # 13
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@AlinaW:  I think people will assume your ring is fake because of the size. I think smaller 1.5 carats would look better…

Post # 14
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Its not a princess but an emerald so you can get the idea of how a square shape would look. It’s a little over 2.8 ctw. My finger is like a 6.75ish. 

Edit: just noticed this thread was from a month ago. So the OP is prob not looking for more pics so I took mine down. 

Post # 15
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I’m just shy of size 7. My center stone is 1.6 carat and my band is 1.8 carat for 3.4 carat total. Looks way bigger in person than photo, but not overwhelming!

Post # 16
504 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I have a friend who has a three carat diamond and she couldn’t  believe how many people have made negative random comments like  “it can’t be real, it looks gawdy, is it glass?, etc. Perfect strangers regularly commented on her ring with really rude comments. She honestly regrets having a diamond that size and has decided to just wear the band. I don’t know if it was a princess cut.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors