(Closed) 3 carat too big for a 3.5 size finger???

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
9595 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

Yes, it will be annoying for everyday wear. And get you lots of attention/comments which is good or bad depending on your goals/personality

Post # 17
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

It’d be too big / conspicuous for my tastes. But this is your ring, you’re the one who will wear it every day. Get what you like / can afford. I agree with pp who said to go try on different rings. 

Post # 18
1025 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I have a smaller ring and feels it’s perfect for everyday use. However, many women in my fam have 3-5 carat rings, to me it looks SO uncormfortable. TO each their own.

Post # 19
52 posts
Worker bee

I wear size 3.5 ring. If it wasnt for my nuckle, I can wear smaller than 3.5. My ring doesn’t stay. It moves.  Anyway, I loved 2ct round cut solitaire when I tried on. I have never seen a 3ct round cut ring in person but why not? If you can get it and that’s what you want, go for it!!    

Post # 20
124 posts
Blushing bee

If you love it and it’s your personal style then by all means go for it! A classic solitaire is always stunning from smallest to largest!

Post # 21
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2001

To answer your question – yes I do think that is a very big diamond for such a tiny finger.  For me the reality of wearing a diamond that size everyday would be impractical.  But it also depends on your social circle.  If 3 carats are the standard where you live then it probably would look very normal.

Post # 22
11616 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2015

Ladies, Public Service Announcement: Your knuckle comes with your finger, so your ring size is whatever fits over your knuckle, not as if the knuckle didn’t exist. 

It makes me sad to see women try to make their finger size smaller as if it’s better to be smaller. 

OP, I think a 3 carat would take getting used to! You should order a berricle and wear it for a while, see how you feel in it. 

Post # 23
423 posts
Helper bee

I have a 3ct moissanite on a size 5 finger and though I adore it, it is big. I love big but sometimes it seems extreme. I switch out depending on the situation. I find it doesnt get in the way or cause issues in every day wear but when I stack it with my wedding bands it almost meets my knuckle. I have baby short fingers, this is the only issue I have found.

Post # 24
1909 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I think 3 carats is too big period, but it’s your ring so honestly only your and your fiancé’s opinions matter. I’m a size 6.5 and tried on a 3 carat ring at the jewelry store where my appraisal was done for kicks and giggles and was like oh hell no! I just felt it overwhelmed my finger. My ring size is 6.5 because of my knuckles but my fingers are slender and I felt that was doing way too much. Also, my ring draws enough attention as it is, and it’s nowhere near 3 carats, so I know the attention from a 3 carat would be super annoying.

Post # 25
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - Kaneohe, Hawaii

I have a 1.25 ct and my finger size is 3.5. I honestly get comments all the time at how “huge” it is and it sucks cos it feels like I constantly need to defend myself! “oh my fingers are tiny” type of thing. I def do not like the attention lol. But if 3 cts is your thing then go for it!!!!! I would probably want a 2 ct for myself and only for me cos I do like the way it looks!!!

Post # 26
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

BalletParker:  

Ladies, Public Service Announcement: Your knuckle comes with your finger, so your ring size is whatever fits over your knuckle, not as if the knuckle didn’t exist. 

It makes me sad to see women try to make their finger size smaller as if it’s better to be smaller. 

OP, I think a 3 carat would take getting used to! You should order a berricle and wear it for a while, see how you feel in it. 

Post # 27
2394 posts
Buzzing bee

As others have said, it’s all up to you to decide what you like OP. Personally, that would be too big for me, and I would envision getting comments constantly about how big it is – like another PP said – I wouldn’t want to feel like I was defending myself all the time. BUT depending on your personality/goals/tolernce level, that may be ok with you. If it is, and you love it, go for it.

Post # 28
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

kgolczynski:  One thing you might want to consider when you are looking at stone sizes is the type of activity that you do intend on doing while you have it on, because big stones can be really impractical for certain tasks.  I have a 3ct moissy that I wear on my size 4.25 hand while my e-ring is sent away for service, and it can be really awkward and clunky when I’m trying to work.  That’s been more of an issue for me than any comments/attention it has gotten.  Just something to keep in mind 😉 

The topic ‘3 carat too big for a 3.5 size finger???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors