3 chemical pregnancies in a row. What now?

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 2
1417 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

beeliever88 :  sorry I haven’t been in your exact situation but I’m fairly well versus in infertility (23 cycles, unexplained never had a bfp). Has your doctor run progesterone after a bfp? Or on cd21? Insufficient progesterone is one of the biggest reasons of early loss (and I’d probably ask for supplementation just in case). 

Post # 3
654 posts
Busy bee

beeliever88 :  I also recommend checking your progesterone. I had two miscarriages prior to getting pregnant with my rainbow and many doctors recommend taking a daily baby aspirin so maybe that’s something youi can research and discuss with your doctor?

Post # 4
7862 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’m really sorry you’re in this position. I had one mc followed by two CPs back to back before conceiving my rainbow baby. All my recurrent mc tests came back normal too. My OB put me on progesterone after the 2nd CP, which you can either take after ovulation or after you get a BFP. I also started taking baby aspirin throughout my entire cycle after reading it can help prevent early loss. Finally, I introduced COQ10, which is good for egg health, on that last cycle that produced my daughter. Not sure what did the trick but something finally worked. I’d ask your doctor about progesterone for sure…the other things you can get on your own. 

Post # 5
785 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

I had a MMC bookended by multiple CPs (4 or 5 I think). I didn’t go to the doctor for the CPs. I tried taking tests much much later so as not to get very emotionally involved with CPs. I think it’s just one of those unfortunate things that can happen and can have a fixable cause or can just be relatively unexplainable. We ended up getting pregnant with one that stuck and I’m 32 weeks. I hope something similar happens to you. 

Post # 6
9338 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

What tests were run?

Post # 7
1362 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Echoing the others about the progesterone, if you haven’t had that tested. 

If you have then try to find yourself an RE (reproductive endocrinologist). 

Post # 8
239 posts
Helper bee

I also am curious what tests you have had run.  I am in the same boat as you- reoccurrent miscarriage/chemical.  From the sounds of it, you are not in fertility treatment/under the care of your obgyn?  I have been in fertility treatment for the past year and am working with an RE.  My doctor performed an ERA test-  basically simulated a frozen embryo transfer (I am doing ivf) but instead of embryo transfer on “transfer day”, my lining was biopsied for *receptiveness*.  About 25% of women suffering from reoccurrent miscarriage have pre or post receptive linings. Basically, regardless that my hormone levels were perfect, my uterus was 24 hours late to the party.  So when the embryos tried to implant (both natural/iui and ivf transfer), it could not be done successfully (my lining is just not ready to support implantation at that time) and therefore I would lose the pregnancy. Therefore, I may continue to keep get pregnant but it won’t be able to progress.  This can be treated with a specific protocol, and many women who have this diagnosis go on to have successful pregnancies.  

Post # 9
3332 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve had 2 back to back and have made an appointment with a RE. My OB isn’t concerned but I’m 41 and feel like I don’t have tons of time to waste. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors