(Closed) 3 ct. (9mm) Moissnite Questions

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@bride_in_training: Can you ask your jeweler to show you your mossy and the diamonds he wants to use side by side before creating the setting?

Since you are custom designing it maybe you can pick all the stones out (and see them together) prior to the actual setting work being done.

Post # 4
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Unless your moissy is yellow-tinged, how would J stones go with it?  G or even H is safer, and that’s only if they are GIA G or H.

Post # 5
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I’m not a moissy expert, but I feel that in other threads I’ve read, there is a noticeable difference between the two stones (besides the coloring) – would setting it with smaller moissy stones be an option?

Post # 7
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@bride_in_training: are you using diamonds as side stones? Diamonds that small are not going to make a difference against your larger center stone. Go to betterthandiamond.com and visit the moissanite forum. There are loads of photos from women who have diamonds and moissanite mixed rings. You can’t tell with large center stones and smaller side stones. There was even a user here who had a diamond center stone and ordered a slightly smaller moissanite loose stone and you couldn’t tell the difference.

I think your mind tricks you because if you would see side by side photos of the stones in smaller sizes you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference unless you know to look for it. No one in real life is going to examine your ring with a loop except for a jeweler.

Post # 8
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

I have an Asha center stone and diamond side stones and halo. You can’t tell the difference. I know Asha & Moissy are different, but they are made by the same company. Just thought I’d show you how it looks with mine for you to compare.

I agree with Miss Tattoo that it probably won’t matter if they are small.

Post # 9
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Sorry the pic is so huge — couldn’t resize it on this computer.

Post # 10
658 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I’m giving a shout out to MsYellowJacket on this one..she has a beautiful ring that you may want to look at..it’s a moissanite center stone with diamond side stones that’s to die for!!

You can see it here..

No Longer Waiting!!!! Valentine’s Proposal!!

You might want to private message her since I’m sure she’s gone through some of the same issues you’re having.

Post # 12
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

i also have an asha center stone and it is set in a diamond setting, i cant tell the difference and if theres a color difference its slight you’d have to stare it ! lol

The topic ‘3 ct. (9mm) Moissnite Questions’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors