(Closed) 3 dads…how to walk down the aisle?

posted 7 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Just an idea, I think whoever raised you should walk you down the aisle. The other dads can be ushers or something that way they’re not completely left out and you can kiss your other dads on the cheek to recognize them before you get to the front to stand with your husband to be. In the end, it’s completely up to you. It’s your special day so do what will make you happiest.

Post # 5
2273 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

In my opinion I think the new fiancé can be left out – he’s new so shouldn’t get offended. Have your biological dad and our step dad walk you. But as your stepdad is paying I am guessing he is more of a dad to you/been there for you the whole time?! Maybe he SHOULD be the one to do it… Sorry no help I know, but you know the relationship you have with the dads.

Post # 6
3461 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I echo the advice to do what makes you happiest.  I would suggest either having it be the one who raised you or having it be two part.  If it’s a new fiance, how long have you known him and how close are you to him?  In other words, if he weren’t the fiance (and instead just a boyfriend or an ex-husband), would you still want him to have that role?

Post # 8
9056 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m not sure of your relationship with the new fiancée but I would almost assume he wouldn’t expect to walk you down the aisle or feel its his place.

Post # 9
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@kkish3: I think that is a great idea, your mom’s fiancee should totally understand, if he’s only been around a few years he really didn’t help raise you, so I think having your dad and stepdad do it is a great idea.

Post # 10
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 1997

I agree with the idea of having your dad and stepdad walk you down the aisle (one on each arm).  Having your mother and her fiance walk down together. Then when it is time for the question (Who blesses this union?, Who supports this union?, Who gives this bride away?). Have all four – mother, father, stepfather and new future father, all say “We Do”. This includes everyone.

Post # 12
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 1997

I am very happy I could help. I hope you have a wonderful ceremony and a long and happy marriage.

Post # 13
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I have a similar situation… Im walking myself down… If it changes, I’ll walk down with my two year old son 🙂

Post # 14
5668 posts
Bee Keeper

Perhaps your brother could walk you down the aisle and when they ask “Who gives this woman to be married to this man?” You can have all three of your dads stand and say “We do.”

ETA: Just saw RevMic suggested something very similar.

The topic ‘3 dads…how to walk down the aisle?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors