(Closed) 3 days late, no AF in sight

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Hormones cause symptoms. Hormones cause positive pregnancy tests. If you have enough for symptoms you should get a positive test. That said, digital tests are less sensitive. Try a standard frer with 1st morning urine and you should get a positive if you’re pregnant.

Post # 4
9388 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2016

FRER digital should be 100% accurate 3 days after your missed period.

Screen_Shot_2017-04-28_at_9.42_.16_AM_

Stress would delay ovulation and delay your period, however, which would also mean the cramps etc.. are delayed.

Test again in 3-5 days.  If it still doesn’t come.. I don’t know, I’d look up what to do.  I went 9 months without a period at one point before it finally occured to me to talk to a doctor: so I’ve got no good advice on that one.

Post # 6
429 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
jessicaxo11 :  What is the likelyhood of you being pregnant? What type of birth control are you on? Do you think you’re pregnant?

You seem to be pretty intuitive with your body so I’m wondering a couple of things – it could unfortunately be a missed miscarriage (HCG failing to reach a level high enough for detection) or perhaps you’re just reaching a new stage in your cycle where you periods are becoming slightly later (you did mention you’ve had some cycle length changes over the years).

I would test again first pee in the morning as soon as you wake up with a standard FRER, if there is no sign of it being positive at all I’d give it a couple of days and if AF is still no where to be seen I would book an appointment with your gyno to see what’s up. 

Post # 7
798 posts
Busy bee

The first time I got pregnant my period was late and I still wasn’t getting positive pregnancy tests because I ovulated on CD20 that cycle. My cycle is usually 29-31 days and almost always closer to 29 days but I didn’t get a bfp until 13DPO so I was technically 2 days late on a 31 day cycle for my period before I got my bfp. I don’t think it’s very typical but it is possible you ovulated super late and either your period is delayed or you’re preggo and you’re just not getting positive pregnancy tests yet. My first pregnancy ended in a MC and I got another bfp this month and didn’t get a postive until 13DPO again although I ovulated earlier this time so I got my bfp on the day of my missed period. Hopefully you get some answers soon! 🙂

Post # 11
664 posts
Busy bee

Based on my dating ultrasound, my implantation bleeding and symptoms were 12-16 dpo so it’s unlikely I would have had a positive test 3 days after my missed period. Right after implantation, I started getting symptoms though and had none before – luckily DH and I aren’t big drinkers.

My cycles are also like clockwork so I was shocked at how unregular this turned out to be. (We were on a break from trying so I don’t have super exact dates.) But like other bees mentioned, there are a variety of things that could cause a missed period besides being pregnant so until AF comes, I would take precautions and keep testing. 

Post # 12
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
jessicaxo11 :  I have also recently been experiencing pelvic pressure before my periods, and it’s driving me batty. Nothing appears to be medically wrong, but it’s as if pressure builds and builds until finally my period starts. Very strange. It hasn’t been a pregnancy symptom because obviously my period has started each time. No advice other than what PP have said, just commiserating!

Post # 15
664 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
jessicaxo11 :  I’ve heard implantation symptoms and bleeding vary quite a bit – some people get them, some don’t. With the exception of my dpo being crazy long, my body is what I’d consider textbook. I get the symptoms I should, it responds how it should and it’s pretty well on point for timing. I had light cramps, a migraine and the textbook definition of implantation bleeding – I actually thought it was the beginning of my period. A few days later, I had an awful food aversion and decided to test.

Everyone is different though and I’m likely an exception rather than a norm but I’d hate for you to go to a social event and drink (which I almost did) only to find out you have a positive test a few days later so I thought I’d post. 

The topic ‘3 days late, no AF in sight’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors