(Closed) 3 days late…negative pregnancy test?

posted 6 years ago in TTC
Post # 4
3776 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2004

I once had three negative tests and still no period.  Made an appointment with gyno to see what was wrong and she wanted to check my blood in the process of finding out what was going on.  I was pregnant with my second child!  It can happen.

Post # 6
2488 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

blood test!

blood test!

Post # 7
1471 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@MamaMima:  While I do think it’s possible you are pregnant, there are other possibilities as well. It’s possible your ovulation was delayed or even that you had an anovulatory cycle. If your OPKs didn’t show an LH surge, it’s possible you didn’t ovulate around your predicted time, if at all (it could also mean that you just didn’t catch your surge). If you were sick, stressed, etc, that’s an even more likely explanation, but I think most women average one anovulatory cycle a year (don’t quote me on that). Do you chart temperatures? That can help you pinpoint ovulation if you miss your LH surge on an OPK. 

Post # 8
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

You may not have ovulated, or are still in the midst of a longer cycle. Or, you potentially missed your surge, so you won’t necessarily know when your period is due in that case.

Good luck, either way. Limbo is hard!

Post # 9
7904 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

Are you testing under ideal conditions (basically, in the morning with a full bladder)? I’d probably invest in a 3pack of Early Response First Response or any digital test and try again in the morning for the nest 3 days. I wouldn’t be able to just wait around to see if my period comes…

Post # 10
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

when i went into ER they did a blood test and it said i wasnt pregnant.. then what do you know. no period. PREGNANT so make sure you talk to your doctor. what about a digital test ?

Post # 12
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@MamaMima:  i didnt go for a pregnancy test. i went for side pain; apendix. they asked me if there was a chance i could be pregnant and i said well sure. so they did a test and it came back negative. went and had a ct scan and here i am 22 weeks pregnant.

Post # 13
676 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I would go get a blood test but with me my cycle got all messed up for the couple of months before I actually concieved and that was after years of being regular where I could time a watch by it. You may not be pregnant yet but it could be coming soon, or you could be pregnant and the tests just aren’t picking it up for some reason. I would definitely go to the dr to be sure

Post # 14
5109 posts
Bee Keeper

I wouldn’t get a blood test at three days late… Maybe a week late because there are several reasons you could suddenly have a longer period (says the girl with fluctuating cycles lol). Fingers crossed for you though!!! Are you testing with first morning urine on a First Response Early Result??

The topic ‘3 days late…negative pregnancy test?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors