(Closed) 3 Days till RSVP By Date

posted 8 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
7174 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Life gets busy and people forget.  I think you need to call.  

As your date twin, my RSVP reply date isn’t until Sept 2nd.  Someone told me that the earlier you send out invites and the earlier your RSVP date is from the actual date, the less of a reply you’ll get (because some people don’t plan that far ahead).  That may be what you are experiencing.

Post # 4
1523 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I also think you need to call. Because your date is a ways off, maybe you can wait a week or two for RSVPs to come in. We had to call some people who did not get their cards back in time and a lot of them were coming! I would freak if we got a bunch of people show up at the wedding and we hadn’t ordered food for them! In our case, our caterer would provide them with dinner but we would be charged extra, so keep that in mind too. 

Good luck!

Post # 5
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

It may be a pet peeve of yours, but from the weddings I have been involved in, most RSVPs do NOT show up by the due date and you have to get an idea of how many people are going to show up for planning purposes.I suggest giving people an additional week and then start calling.

What irked me were the folks that RSVPed yes and then didn’t show up. One invited guest begged my husband to let nine people from his family attend the wedding, reception and the pig roast -apparently they all share the same house. And then NONE of them showed up because they had “something else to do”. One RSVP showed up the day after the wedding! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Post # 7
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Our wedding is Sept 11 and our RSVP’s are due by next week….out of 140 invites that have been sent out…we have only recieved about 40 rsvp’s.  Now the fun part…out of those 40 rsvp’s we invited a total of 85 people.  103 have rsvp-ed.  ummmmm why do people insist on inviting their own people?  I feel very rude calling these people because they are on his side only!  The really sad part…a total of 7 people have said no. 7!!! and 103 yeses! omg…I’m going to cry!

Post # 8
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

My date is also October 2nd. My venue requires numbers by September 1st. My rsvp deadline is August 15th (we wanted cushion).

Fiance and I both sent out a “nudge” email 2 weeks ago to family and close friends. We got a lot of “but you know I’m coming”. Uhmm, no, we do not know this. We also had the “I refuse to call people” notion, but really it just isn’t realistic. You can’t plan for 40 people and have 100 people show up. That will be more annoying than a phone call.

Oh, and we have online rsvp so there’s no waiting for the card to come in the mail.

So, our plan is right away, on Sunday (because of the line above), to make the calls and ask for a yes or no. I’ve found that a) people are really hesitant to say “NO”. which could be because people act all crazy about it and b) that people do. not. read. It’s really (really) sad. For the people we don’t reach, we’ll leave a message (or send an email) and give them 7 days. On August 22nd, we’re sending a “Sorry you can’t join us” email out and we are NOT counting those people.

So, you two have to split the list, make the calls, and move forward from there.

The topic ‘3 Days till RSVP By Date’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors