(Closed) 3 days until the wedding, and people are backing off.

posted 9 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2050 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Geez, I’m so sorry that is a pain. They sure sound flaky to do this to you now. Do you have a backup plan should they not show up? Whatever happens, your day will be wonderful. Hang in there!

Post # 4
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

@Fegele: I know how you feel. I think that it is very inconsiderate of people to do such things. We make them important enough to invite out of all the hundreds of potential people that could have been invited, then they let you know a few days before, on the day, or, not at all, that they will not be attending. 

I would be very upset with my friend if I were you, especially since his daughter is part of the wedding party and they are giving such a pathetic excuse for his wife not attending. Invites and RSVP’s are there for a reason, one of which is to give you ample time to find a babysitter if necessary! She probably thinks you will tell them to just bring their son along!

These days people are just way too self-absorbed.

Post # 6
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

What a pain, Im sorry!!! But try not to sweat the small stuff.. I know its a big deal and anyone would be pissed, but if thats the only thing that goes wrong it wont be that bad!! 3 days till your wedding!! Try to just be excited and enjoy the last few days of being engaged, and planning!!!

Post # 7
3198 posts
Sugar bee

At this point there isn’t much you can do. Try to let it go and just focus on getting excited (understatement?) about your big day!!! Congratulations in advance 🙂

Post # 8
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Wow that is so disorganised and rude 🙁 I would not be sure I’d want to remain close friends if someone did that. I know people have lives but they’ve know long enough about the wedding to organise themselves.

Hope you have a beautiful day!

Post # 9
3798 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I hate how inconsiderate people can act. And how modern society is all about trying to seem like your life is busier than the person next to you. You knew your daughter was going to be a flower girl, you agreed for her to do it. This was probably months ago. Why would you not have worked out babysitting details weeks ago!? I’m sorry but this pisses me off FOR you.

The topic ‘3 days until the wedding, and people are backing off.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors