(Closed) 3 freaking showers?!?!

posted 7 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

One 🙂 I could see maybe 2, but no more than that! Why so many?

Post # 4
745 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

tell everyone involved that you just want one big shower thrown by your favourite people

I had the same issue, that’s what I did and it was way better.  How could I ask people to come to more than one??

Post # 5
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

It depends.  If you have the showers with all different people then I don’t think that’s excessive.  Like, your mom’s family throws you one, then your FI’s family, coworkers, etc.  These are all different people who I assume would only be at one shower.  In that case, I don’t think it’s bad.

Post # 6
6824 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

One…my Maid/Matron of Honor is throwing one

Post # 7
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@MrsPinkPeony: Unfortunately, I am in the same situation (3, not 4).

1) my bridesmaids are hosting a shower in Chicago (where we all live).  Invites will mostly be my friends and family.

2) my mom’s best-friend (she is like a mother to me) is hosting a shower in my hometown (3 hour away from Chicago).  Invites will mostly be my mom’s friends and family.

3) my FI’s aunts are hosting a shower for me in Wisconsin (where they all live).  Invites will mostly be FI’s family.

There you have it… THREE showers.  Definitely excessive, but I really can’t tell any of these 3 groups “no thanks.”

Post # 10
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’d say as long as there is no overlap in guests then it shouldn’t be an issue other then maybe being a little exhausting for you! I was not real big on the shower aspect of my wedding because I don’t like being the center of everyone’s attention. I couldn’t imagine having more than one. 

Post # 11
212 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@MrsPinkPeony: sounds like they are all different groups, just like mine.  definitely wouldn’t worry about it!

Post # 12
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

I think it’s a bit excessive but if you have location issues and divorces (i.e. moms family won’t get along with dad’s family) then it is what it is. More excuses to party!

Thankfully, I’m only having one shower that will include everyone. Our families and my bridesmaids are all local to us so there’s really no reason to have more than 1. 

Post # 13
1243 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I had two (one was thrown by DH’s family and one was thrown by a friend).  The only overlap was my mom and sister.  

As long as there isn’t a huge overlap in guests, I don’t think that it’s excessive.

I told my sister and mom that (if they were going to give me gifts) to only give me one in order to have have present overload.  🙂

Post # 14
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m having 2, possibly 3.  The 1st is being thrown by my aunt on my dad’s side, and that’s all I know.  I have zero idea who all was invited, though I think all my BMs may have been invited, but all are Out of Town so I don’t know who’s coming & who’s not (I’m not even supposed to know about the shower, but accidentally found out, but have been trying so so hard not to snoop & find out who’s been invited etc! haha).  I’m not sure if it’s going to be only my dad’s side & my BMs, or if it will be both my mom AND dad’s sides along with BMs.  Could potentialy be pretty small or huge, as my mom is Italian and has a very large extended family, if her side is included.

The 2nd 1 is with the girls in my grad program.  There are 4 of us getting married in June, and my Maid/Matron of Honor & 1 of my BMs, both of whom are in the program, are planning a big group shower/bachelorette party for all of us, shortly before we graduate.

My Maid/Matron of Honor is also trying to plan the “official” bachelorette party for where the wedding is taking place, and wants to have a lingerie shower incorporated into it.. I will probably just ask her to let my 2 BMs who will have already been to at least 1 of the previous showers, that they don’t need to purchase something for multiple showers!

I’m personally excited, though for having multiple showers since there shouldn’t be much overlap except with maybe a Bridesmaid or Best Man or 2. more times to celebrate with lots of family & friends!

Post # 15
646 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’ll be having two, possibly three as well.

One thing not to forget: Unless its a co-worker shower, ONLY THOSE INVITED TO THE WEDDING are invited to the shower.

Have fun!

The topic ‘3 freaking showers?!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors