(Closed) 3" heels ok??

posted 5 years ago in Shoes
Post # 3
501 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2023

Mine are 6 inches, so I think you’ll get away with 3 if you can walk ok in them.

Ultimately, there’s no rule about shoes at a wedding, just go with what you want to wear!

Post # 4
352 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I wore 5″ heels so u think 3 is fine. Just wear them around to break them in and get used to them and you will be fine.

Post # 5
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I am wearing 3 inch heels for the ceremony and pictures and I’m not worried at all. I bought a comfortable pair of flats to wear during the dancing, I’ll probably keep my heels on until after the whole garter toss and what not just so its pretty for pictures! If you are use to heels then I think you will be fine! 

Post # 6
Hostess
23790 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Have you been in 3″ heels before?  For someone who hasn’t, that may be a little daunting.  Otherwise, 4″ is where I personally (as a non foot feeling for 15 years member) begin to feel some pain!

Post # 7
345 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

It’s what you are comfortable in really, mine are 3 1/2 inches, I’m not really that used to heels, so have bought them home to wear around my flat, so that I can get used to them and to make sure they don’t hurt

If you are used to high heels you’ll be fine, they’re not too high compared to others 🙂

Post # 8
6810 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

You can wear whatever height of shoe you want.. IT is your wedding. If you found a pair of 3 inch heels and love them then get them!

Post # 10
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@TinaJade:  I think the best way to figure this out is grab a pair of 3″ heels you currently own and test them out. You’ll most likely be on your feet for a lot of the wedding based on the average. So figure out how much time you’ll spend waiting to walk up the aisle, standing for the ceremony, greeting guest afterwards, taking photos, your entrance at the reception, first dance, time spent greeting all tables cutting the cake and general mingling. Add up all this then do a trial run on the weekend, put on your heels and do all the walking and standing. Then see how your feet feel.

A friend of mine doesn’t wear heels at all, has a very active job constanly on her feet at work and she bought a pair of 2.5″ heels that she made sure to break in before the day but by dinner her feet were killing her. Really it’s a personal preference/ pain tolerance thing.

Post # 11
14066 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

If you’re not used to walking around all day in 3″ heels, I’d steer clear unless you plan on changing out of them.  I wear 3-4 inches all the time (not including a platform that helps to make it feel lower), and wore 3.5″ for the entire wedding day for 8+ hours just fine.

The topic ‘3" heels ok??’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors