(Closed) 3 kids in the same class with the same name?

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Funny thing is I was looking at the top list for 2000 earlier and I’m pretty sure all three of the names you mentioned as being common – Christian, Jaden or Noah – were listed.

My name is Michelle, but until 6th grade, I went by Missy. Pretty much every year there was a Michelle, Misty or Missy in my class. Now at work, I work with several Michelles (which was popular because the Beatles song, I came in at the end of that wave of popularity, but there are a lot of Michelles a little older than me).

Post # 4
9053 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

I graduated in a class of 200, with 9 Jennifers, 6 Nicoles and 5 Ashleys. 

I’d be curious to see nowadays what percentage of the populaton holds the current #1 most common name in any given year compared to back when these names were popular.

Post # 5
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I would definitely agree that the diversity here plays a big role in this. We also see a lot of names here that you don’t really find anywhere else. How many “Malia’s” or “Kalani’s” do you know, for example? I know a few. haha.

My friend who is a first-grade teacher at a private school in Seattle has 8 boys in her class, and 5, yes FIVE of them are some form of “Aiden.” How crazy is that?!

Post # 6
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

My high school class had about 235 kids.  I can’t even begin to count up all the girls named Katherine, Katie, Kat, Kaitlin or some other variation.  I would estimate about 15 girls with some variation of that name.  As a result a lot of those girls went by nicknames.

Post # 7
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I work inside of a elementary school and this actually is a problem in our school. There’s 6 kindergarten classes- some of which are two classes combined and off the top of my head I can think of 3 of them that have multiple names in them. One class has 3 Baileys (2 boys 1 girl), one has 2 Aidans and one has 2 Rileys (1 boy 1 girl). I think its a valid concern but not something I’m gonna base my decision on.

Post # 8
2154 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

In my experience as a teacher, I’ve never had more than two of the same name. They were:

Sarah, Alex(ander), Sam(uel), and Rebecca. That was in Canada.

Post # 10
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

My name is Jennifer and you wanna hear something really crazy?? There was only ever 1 other Jennifer (in 1st grade) in my class and she is my BFF still to this day. Im not counting college classes cause I obv didnt know everyones name 😀

Post # 11
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I remember having classes with 2 kids with the same name all the time.  I dont recall three though.  Often they would go by a nickname but if they did not want a nickname then their last initial would be addeded to their name.  Christina C. and Christina G.

In college I had 3 friends by the same name all living in the same apartment.  And they had an additional friend with the same name that would hang out all the time.  Kinda weird.

Post # 13
3004 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

My name is Courtney and I’ve seriously only met a handful in my life. Courteney Cox was my fave when I was little because she was the only Courtney I knew…hehe

Post # 14
651 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m 25, and when I was in elementary school (3rd grade I believe) I remember having 2 boys named Chris, 1 Kris (girl), 1 Kristin, 1 Kristen & 1 Christine in my class.  That was pretty crazy.

There were always 2-3 Mike’s in any class.  Matt was also popular.

Post # 15
2829 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

there were 3 Micheals in my class from jk(age4)to grade8. Since they all liked to be called Mike our jk teacher quickly diffused the confusion and called them by first name last initial, i.e.: Mike R, or Mike L etc.

Otherwise regionally speaking Ashley was really popular where I grew up as was KaylaKaeleeKylie varieties– there were a sh!t ton of really similar names like that in my year.

Post # 16
1602 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think my case is a little different, because I went to a Dutch school, so the names were more ‘limited’. We had 3 Johns in my music class alone, let alone the rest of the grade. There were many Lisa’s (at least 3), and a couple of Karins. 2 Lindsays, and 2 Amys.

And I went to a small private school haha.

The topic ‘3 kids in the same class with the same name?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors