(Closed) 3 kids in the same class with the same name?

posted 11 years ago in Babies
Post # 32
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Seriously, I went through school (K-7) with someone who had the same first name AND last initial. My sophmore year of college, 11 girls on my floor alone had the same name, including my roommate and myself. It TOTALLY HAPPENS.

Post # 33
1206 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I lived overseas for a while during my elementary school years in England.  It’s crazy the differences in popularity of the time, !  I had Fionnuala, Natalie, Charlotte, Alicia, Caitriona, Francesca, Elaine, Graham, Liam, Melanie, Nicole, Sara, Edoardo.

Post # 34
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

In my 4th grade class (at a private Catholic school) we had 12 kids TOTAL (6 girls, 6 boys). Of those THREE were named Sarah! So 25% of our class had the same name. 🙂

Post # 35
8246 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I don’t think I EVER had a class through elementray school that didn’t have a couple different multiple names (I was never part of it – my name wasn’t that popular).

Ashley, Katie/Kate/Katherine, Brittany, Sarah, Chris(topher), and John were all very popular.

Post # 36
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

When I taught preschool a few years ago we had to use the last initial thing a lot! I suppose trends show up more in the younger groups because we had three Ellas. Elementary schools might try to put them in different classes, but they’ll still be called by their last initial when they’re out on the playground.

Post # 37
3686 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

In my tiny high school, we had three Brians and two Seans; and we were all in the same Kindergarten class together, too, so we just always used their full names (first and last).

We thought we were naming our daughter something really unique (Adelaide), but in the short five months of her life, we’ve met two Adelines, an Adelee, and an Addigan.  They’re all around the same age, and all of them go by Addie/Addy/Addi.  🙂  Oh well!

Post # 38
4211 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

My name is not very common but oddly enough I was one of 3 Clares/Claires in my 7th and 8th grade class! Out of only 60 something girls!

It was probably because it was an all girls Catholic school!

My husbands name is Noah and hes never had someone with the same name in his classes!

Post # 39
467 posts
Helper bee

My name is Jessica and two of my best friends in college were ALSO named Jessica.  So popular.  So many of us….  🙂

Post # 40
4081 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I’m a Jennifer and was born in the late 70’s. There was always at least two of us in almost every class. Many times there were three Jennifer’s and once I had four in an elementary class. I remember almost all classes growing up having lots of “multiples”. Chris, John, Matt, Jennifer, Sarah, Christine, Michelle….

Post # 41
511 posts
Busy bee

I’m a high school teacher, with 170 kids…I’ve got 4 Richards, 6 Cynthias (or Cinthias), 5 Miguels, 5 Juans (3 of them ARE in the same class), & 7 Jasmins or (Jazmines)…with 6 periods, I have at least one or two classes that have multiples.

And growing up in Hawaii, we had 9 Lanis (Ka- or Na-) both male & female, 6 Ponos (Ku- or Ka-), & about 8 Ryans.  Most Non-Hawaiian names were “uncommon”, as in we only had 2 at most.

Makes it tough to figure out a name we both like & isn’t too common…maybe we need to come up with a cool, original nickname.  (Mine was/is Cole for Nicole)

Post # 42
759 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Graduating in the late 90’s there were always at least 2+ people with the following names:

Tiffany

Jessica

Melissa

Katie/Katy

Matt

David

Jennifer

Megan

It’s annoying.  You end up only knowing someone as Jessica C or Katie P.  Ugh.  Don’t do it to your kids.

Post # 43
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I have a fairly uncommon name (Amberlee) but in college, I had two best friends and we were all dating boys named Chris(topher)!

I’ve found, in the South, a lot of people go by their middle name which is why I think there were so many Katies and Nicoles in my class. (As in Elizabeth Katherine or Erika Nicole)

Post # 44
2863 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m a Sarah, and in my high school it was very common. There was always at least one other Sarah/Sara in all of my classes, and several that had three. In my group of friends, there were 4 of us (3 with the H, one without). It was a pain, but I love my name. I also have a sister in law named Sarah. Until I got married recently, we were both Sarah MyLastName. It got confusing. My brother started calling us Sister Sarah and Wife Sarah. 

Post # 45
3793 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

My friend’s kid (Freya– already a hot up and coming name) goes to a private school and in her class there are 3, yes count ’em, 3 Lunas!  Not only regional, but specific to her special type of private school. 

Post # 46
5592 posts
Bee Keeper

@Mrs. DG: What kind of special private school is it that would attract multiple Lunas? 

My mind immediately jumped to Hogwart’s School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, but I assume that’s not the case…

The topic ‘3 kids in the same class with the same name?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors