(Closed) 3 Maids of Honor?

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 3
1161 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Honestly, I doubt that your sister cares about what she is called, especially if she is older!  She loves you and is doing this because she loves you, not because of her wedding title.  You can always just list all three of your attendants as “bridal attendants”, or you can totally call her a matron of honor…but again, I’m willing to bet that as long as you give her a heartfelt thanks and work on nurturing your relationship after the wedding, she won’t even NOTICE her title.  I’m technically having two matron of honors and one brother of honor, but I’m just calling them my bridal party and being done with it.

Post # 4
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i agree with pp. i doubt she cares what she’s called, as long as you show your appreciation for her in a meaningful way.

Post # 5
2792 posts
Sugar bee

Unless she specifically mentions or asks why she’s not a maid/matron, then I think you’re okay.I’d just find a special way to thank her for all she’s done.

However, from my experience, I have very sensitive sisters, and one is my maid of honor, one is my matron of honor, because if I ever chose between them or didn’t give one the title, I think they’d kill me.

Post # 7
2792 posts
Sugar bee

@tetorger: Just remember there’s always a little truth behind every ‘just kidding’…

Post # 8
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Maybe don’t call it out in the program.  Just have 3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen?  That way you lessen the importance of the title. 

Post # 9
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I don’t think it can hurt.  I mean, I think that flows nicely in the program:

• Maid of Honor
  • Matron of Honor
  • Matron of Honor

I don’t really care for the term bridesmaid especially if they are older and/or married.  I would change the title but not make a big deal of it.

Or, you could forego titles all together and just have them as their relationship to you:

• Sister of the Bride
  • Friend of the bride
  • Friend of the Bride

Post # 10
1056 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I think you should leave it the way it is.  Obviously she is doing all of this out of love not out of the fact she is wanting her title to be bumped up.  Leave it as it is.

The topic ‘3 Maids of Honor?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors