3 months after break up – is this normal?

posted 2 years ago in Relationships
Post # 20
164 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: City, State

So very normal. Its not a linear process. You go back and forth, up and down, but you’re always healing and getting better. Hugs!

Post # 21
27 posts
Newbee

Thanks for posting this! I have been going through exactly similar after me calling of the relationship and everything else. I went into trauma, felt I was getting back to normal after 3 months and then suddenly I happened to visit his city and pass through his house and people asking me if he contacted me back or not. All these things refreshed my memories and I was spiraled back into depression. 

When I discuss such things with my family or friends, they think I am crazy, so I don’t discuss it with anybody. Would just cry out if I feel sad or if I remember him. I thought something was wrong with me, but after reading through this it looks like feeling this way is normal and is part of the healing process.

Post # 22
1285 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - Turkey

optimisticstar :  Having some true friends to always be there to listen helps a TON! I used to call and text 2 of my closest girl friends after a long term relationship breakup whenever I felt like sufficating, because it really did feel like it. This kept me from calling him.  You’re not crazy, it’s called being human.

Post # 23
37 posts
Newbee

This seems very very normal to me. I think it took almost a year for me to feel totally steady again after a 2 year relationship ended. Until then there were always ups and downs and triggers interspersed with steadiness where I felt good. Unfortunately there is just no way to rush the process. But it sounds like you are doing all of the right things and you will feel better with time.

Post # 24
27 posts
Newbee

View original reply
betyl :  I was also getting that feeling of suffocation initially for couple of months when I was alone. I don’t get it that often now. I did the same thing of being in touch with my family and friends. However if I was alone i.e. mainly at nights, I would get depressive thoughts. I went into trauma because of the way it ended. I trusted the person so much and at the end he was a complete different person and only cared about his needs. I am thinking to post it on weddingbee in couple of days.

Post # 25
27 posts
Newbee

View original reply
justme2017 :  It was a 6.5 months relationship for me and looks like it might take me more than 6.5 months to completely get back to being how I was before getting into the relationship. I was in crazy love with him and given up being myself completely. Luckily God gave me strength and my parents helped me to decide to get out of the abusive relationship. Even though we knew I will be shattered after it happens, we had to do it because the person whom I was dating was a complete different person after I committed to him for marriage and the relationship had turned into a bitter and abusive one.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors