(Closed) 3 months away and I am super nervous…

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m in the process of switching my ceremony venue right now due to privacy reasons even though the wedding’s in 4 mos.  Go with your gut.  If you feel the 1st place is what you want, maybe you can go back and ask again for a better deal or see what they can do to ensure privacy.  As for your guests’ accomodation, maybe you can find one slightly further away.  I’m sure the guests won’t mind and will understand the situation. As for decor, maybe the new wedding coordinator can help or she can find someone who can. 

Post # 4
1135 posts
Bumble bee

It sounds to me like you are just having a bit of doubt. I think the second location sounds AWESOME! Everyone has been to a wedding at a country club, but I think people would find a wedding at a state park to be really unique!

What is it about the feel of the first place that you think you are missing at the state park? Is this something you can recreate with candles or wreaths or other decor? Sucks about your coordinator. Does he have someone to take over his customers?

Post # 5
1135 posts
Bumble bee

Here are a few decor ideas for more rustic venues I was able to pull up. Not sure if this gives you the right feeling, but I hope it’s a good start.

Post # 6
640 posts
Busy bee

A wedding at a state park sounds amazing! The scenery will be beautiful and you can incorporate a nature theme into so many aspects of the wedding. Maybe make a packing list like summer camps send out. Are you having guests stay the weekend? If so you could play into the summer camp theme and divide people into teams or something and have some kind of wedding olympics game.

Post # 7
129 posts
Blushing bee

It seems like your second venue has so many more positives than your first venue.  While the wood floors, chandelier, and fireplace may be beautiful, none of that is going to matter if you’re stressed out because there’s no rain plan, there’s people you don’t know all over the venue, and your guests have no overnight accomodations.  In my opinion, those things are all more important, and it sounds like the rustic venue has some great things going for it. 

I think the pictures above with ceiling decorations are a great way of drawing your eye up so you don’t notice the rustic vibe of the venue as much.  Lots of candles would also add a really pretty glow to the entire space.

The topic ‘3 months away and I am super nervous…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors