(Closed) 3 months left and I’m not looking forward to the wedding.

posted 7 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I think that we have all been there, shoot, my last two months of planning was torchure! 

It all melted away the moment my dad took my arm and the moment, that very second, that Dh first grazed my hand.  Look forward to that very second and I promise you it will all have been worth the torchure.

Post # 4
4771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think this is normal, but you shouldn’t let it get to you what others want, ignore them.  You can’t cater to everyone, and you really shouldn’t cater to anyone but u and Fiance. So don’t care what other’s think.  I loath Dr. Phil but one thing he did say which is very true: “You wouldn’t worry so much about what people think about you if you just realized how little they do.”

Post # 5
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@UK Bride: “”It’s your wedding, you should do exactly what you want” (it’s NOT my wedding, because if it were, it would be free of YOUR expectations and you wouldn’t be complaining or giving ‘helpful suggestions’ or giving me a shifty-eyed, ‘hmm’ about everything that doesn’t reflect your idea of how weddings go…).”

OMG I hear ya! Fiance and I have pretty unified ideas on what we want, we’ve always been great at working as a team so it’s quite easy. Trouble is I have friends and family who keep saying ‘ooh your grandma will make a cake’ (I don’t want a big ceremonial cake) ‘my mum will make you favours’ (probably won’t be having them either and if I do I want to make them), ‘I’ll help you go dress shopping’ etc. From their point of view they’re being nice but I know how you feel, it makes me want to take Fiance and get married on our own on a beach somewhere!

I guess the thing to do is just focus on how exciting the marriage will be, and make sure there are parts of your day that you’ll enjoy. I also (having had similar experience) would explain to the visiting family very clearly that you’re unlikely to be able to spend time with them before the wedding. It’s better they are forewarned, they can always plan things to do then.

The topic ‘3 months left and I’m not looking forward to the wedding.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors