3 months, no period. What's going on?

posted 9 months ago in Wellness
Post # 2
333 posts
Helper bee

Birthcontrol (nuva ring) pretty much made my period go away. That or it was so light I didn’t need products and going to pee and wiping was all I needed. Probably just the pill making it non existent. I bet if you stopped taking it things would return to normal.  After all… anything you are having isn’t actually a period when you bleed on birth control! Ask your doc.

I stopped using it back in June after 5 years and things are almost back to normal. 

Post # 3
664 posts
Busy bee

Birth control can halt your cycle. A few years back, after a few years of the same birth control, my period got super light and then I started missing a couple. Eventually it freaked me out enough that I requested a switch to a different brand and it came back. 

Post # 4
643 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2018 - UK

If it’s been three months, you should see your doctor just to confirm everything is ok. Mine stopped for a few months too, my doctors did some blood tests just to rule everything out, and long story short, it was a tumour on my pituitary gland which was messing up my hormones. 

I’m not saying this to make you worry even more, chances are it’s absolutely nothing to worry about, but it’s better to check and be sure. In the highly unlikely event that it is something sinister, it’s better to start treatment earlier.

Im totally fine, btw, promptly medicated and making a full recovery.

Post # 7
643 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2018 - UK

morethanyesterday :  Thank you x

My doctor did say that they don’t usually get too concerned until it reaches 3 months, then they start looking at reasons. I’m sure it’s probably just related to the BC, but it can’t hurt to ask for a blood test, even if only to put your mind at ease.

Good luck bee! Xx

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors