(Closed) 3 months to the wedding and have to go for a biopsy :(

posted 3 years ago in Wellness
Post # 2
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

madeinthe80s :  In the months leading up to my wedding, I had a large rash on my side that kept getting darker and darker. It it was ugly to look at but wasn’t itchy or painful, so I avoided going to the doctor. Finally I decided to go, and was referred to a Dermetologist. The Derm. ran a biopsy and I was super worried becuase when you hear biopsy you think cancer!

The rash ended up being “granuloma annulare” which is basically just a rash with no known cause/cure. It’s not serious or contageous, it’s just really ugly. He gave me a cream, but told me there’s a good chance it won’t work, and will just need to wait it out until it fades on its own. When I went back to the derm. to get the results, he told me he had a feeling that’s what it was, but he ran the biopsy just to be sure. It would have been nice if he told me it wasn’t serious when he ran the biopsy..but I guess they don’t want to give false hope in case their wrong?

Anyways, my point is.. biopsy doesn’t mean bad, it just means they can’t for sure confirm what it is. I know I can’t say don’t worry, because obviously, you will worry! But you just have to wait for the results. At least it sounds like you caught it early. I hope everything works out in your favour!

Post # 3
910 posts
Busy bee

I have, and I’m sorry you’re going through this. As someone who has been through plenty of biopsies and health uncertainties, my best advice is to acknowledge that there are two kinds of worry: productive worry, and counter-productive worry. Productive worry is a force that can help you take control of the situation, by doing things like seeing a dermatologist and going for your biopsy. Those are good things! Continuing to worry after you have done the things you need to becomes counter-productive. It isn’t going to change the situation or make you feel better…in fact, it will probably make you feel worse and prevent you from fully enjoying TODAY.

You’re doing all the right things. Beyond that, my suggestion is to try not to worry. It might be something,  it it might not, and if it is? You’ll deal with it, just like you’re dealing with this situation. Don’t let this gnaw at you and distract you from life as you live it. I say try to let this go, even though it’s hard.

Hugs.

Post # 5
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

I don’t have any advice, just wishing you luck. I had a dodgy mole last year and I remember that sinking, all-encompassing feeling of terror when I first noticed it. It turned out to be nothing. In fact it wasn’t even a mole but a “seborrheic wart” – sexy! I totally get why you are terrified though, but the absolute vast majority of things like this are nothing. Be kind to yourself bee x

Post # 6
423 posts
Helper bee

Im sorry you’re going through this and wish you well. Im sure everything will be fine. But now I wish I hadnt read this. I have what I thought was bruised blood on my big toe too. 

Post # 7
496 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Totally feel yah! We set a date in May, for a November wedding. I was diagnosed with cancer in July. We still rolled with the date and rocked my scars. Good luck. 

Post # 8
1343 posts
Bumble bee

madeinthe80s :  

broccoli2309 :  

Good evidence for it being a bruise is it beginning to grow out, although this happens slowly with toenails. Has that been happening?

Post # 9
423 posts
Helper bee

littlebuzz :  Actually its fine now.It was on the skin just above the toenail. I got so freaked out by this I picked and picked at it. It really was just pooled blood under the skin. Thats what I get for getting a little too wine happy a few weeks ago. Still have no idea how I bruised my toe!! But im fine thanks, and OP I know you will be too! I’ll be praying for you. 

Post # 10
Bee
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - The School of the Art Institute Ballroom

Oh man, that’s hard.  I will say – A biopsy is definitely scary, but the procedure itself isn’t so bad! You’ll be in great shape by the time the wedding rolls around. Keeping my fingers crossed that its nothing. If you’ve got any questions abou tthe procedure, feel free to reach out – I’m very fair-skinned and freckle/mole easily so I’ve had my fair share. 

Post # 12
Bee
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - The School of the Art Institute Ballroom

madeinthe80s :  Unfortunately, no. I’ve had one done on my foot, on my back, and deep in the breast – rest assured if they’re going in under the nail, they’ll definitely provide a local anesthetic first. You won’t feel any pain…just don’t look!  And my understanding is there are ways around losing the nail completely…even if you need the mole removed. 

Post # 13
20 posts
Newbee

I get moles removed all the time. Derms remove anything that they can’t be sure is benign just to be safe. I’ve probably had 15 removed in the past 2 years and all but 4 were benign. The ones that weren’t benign weren’t cancer, they were just abnormal cells. The derm removed the area around the mole to make sure there were no cells left that could cause trouble later. 

Good for you for getting it checked! Try not to worry, these are standard precautions and will most likely come back as fine!

Post # 15
4229 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom

During my engagement a small lump was found in my forearm. It was very painful and enflamed. They wouldn’t do a biopsy without an ultrasound….and it took me two weeks to get in. Those were a few of the scariest weeks of my life! Turns out it is a hardened fatty deposit, that got a little infection in it. I was prescribed antibiotics and told if it ever got enflamed again I’d HAVE to remove it. I chose to leave it in for now because it would have left a nasty scar and would have required a plastic surgeon. It’s been about a year and hasn’t given me trouble since 🙂

The topic ‘3 months to the wedding and have to go for a biopsy :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors