(Closed) 3 nieces and 4 nephews…How to pick the flower girl/ring bearer?

posted 5 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
2587 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - UK

For my Uncle’s wedding when I was a kid, there was my brother and his wife’s little Nephew. The younger boy (not my brother) was asked to be the page boy (like a ring bearer, but doesn’t carry the rings), and my brother was instead a Junior Usher (Groomsman) This meant he wore a little suit and helped the grown up Ushers with their duties (and also, apparently, with picking up women, since he was quite cute).

Maybe you could let the youngest be the ringbearer, but then have the oldest as Groomsmen, because they’re Big Boys? And dress them slightly differently from the ring bearer?

Post # 4
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

You can have multiple flower girls- they look so cute when they all walk down together. As for the boys, you could assign them each different positions. 2 could be ring bearers, and 2 could be ushers?

Post # 5
8424 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I second the idea of having multiple flowers girls who could walk in together. What about other jobs for the boys like carrying signs like here comes the bride or even holding your train,etc?

Post # 7
839 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’m having 2 flower girls, I think it’s adorable to see several kids walking down the aisle! I recently went to a wedding that had FIVE flower girls and THREE “ring bearers” (actually none of them carried the rings, the Bridesmaid or Best Man and Maid/Matron of Honor did), but they were adorable!

Post # 8
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - B&B

I like the PP’s ideas for multiple kids, but if you guys decide to just have one of each, I’d vote for “go with the oldest boy and oldest girl”… I feel like kids sort of “get” age… bigger kids get to do stuff first? I could be totally wrong, but that’s what I would do! At least it’s an easier way to explain it?

Post # 9
909 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I have two nephews but one is also my godson so we chose him for ringbearer (no little boys on FI’s side). Plus my other nephew got to be ringbearer in my other brother’s wedding so he had his shot LOL. Do you or Fiance have any special relationship with any of the boys? That could be a way to narrow it down.

Post # 10
5761 posts
Bee Keeper

I’d probably pick the oldest from each side so there’s no obvious favoritism.

Post # 11
983 posts
Busy bee

I would  probably opt to not have a flower girl or ring bearer if there are so many to choose from. I’m not sure about yours, but knowing my family, it would cause drama LOL

Post # 12
4676 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

instead of singeling neices and nephews out, we used his two nephews as ushers (they were both too old to be ring bearers), and his three neices are jr. bridesmaids and flower girl.  I think they all really enjoyed being apart of the bridal party.  I vote for, give them all a little part.  

Post # 15
9552 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

I, personally, love the idea of a whole herd of kids as flower girls and ring bearers. Heck, you could even give all the boys fake rings to carry since you won’t actually be giving them real rings. It could be kinda funny. Or none at all. Or only the oldest. Or find some other job for the other kiddos.

Post # 16
5761 posts
Bee Keeper

No…I meant the oldest of each sex from each side. (ddn’t I say that? sorry.) The oldest boy from one, the oldest girl from the other.

The topic ‘3 nieces and 4 nephews…How to pick the flower girl/ring bearer?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors