(Closed) 3 nights away and feeling guilty…

posted 6 years ago in Parenting
Post # 3
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

They will have a blast, as will you. It’s like a vacation for everyone! When I was little, even though I missed my mom when she went away, having movie and junk food nights with dad was pretty awesome.

Post # 5
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Bent Creek Winery (Livermore, California); Reception: Family Residence (San Ramon, California)

@KatyElle: I totally second this! As much as we loved my mom, when she went away, we got to stay up late playing games and watching movies with dad, and we always had the most interesting meals. My dad’s not much a of a cook, so we ate a lot of his “special” top ramen (which we loved!), and we went out to eat a lot. It was a blast for everyone!

On the flip side, my mom also made things really fun when my dad was out of town. She usually said that we were going to try to not cook the entire time he was gone, and she usually rented a ton of movies and even took us to see a couple in the theater. I love how special my parents made those times!  

Post # 6
2161 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I was away for 2 nights for our honeymoon and found it really hard, but he did really well and we really enjoyed the time away.

Post # 7
643 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2009

Don’t feel guilty! Getting away and recharging with your girlfriends will be great for you. And you will come back to your girls feeling more refreshed, more like yourself, and able to give them more! And being away doesn’t mean you love them any less. In fact, I think getting away will make you realize how much you love them!

And it’s perfectly fine to go off & enjoy yourself as something other than “mommy.” Being a Stay-At-Home Mom is such a hard job. You deserve to enjoy your weekend!!!!

The topic ‘3 nights away and feeling guilty…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors