3 Star Michelin Experiences (Warning: Bougie AF Post)

posted 3 weeks ago in The Lounge
Post # 2
447 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

Never been to one, but my Fiance is obsessed with Michelin restaurants and has always been dying to go to one. I’m too picky of an eater though and they’re hardly worth the money for me. He’d be so jealous of you though!

Post # 3
3860 posts
Honey bee

I have not been (canada has none), but if we ever go to Chicago, my husband has already decided we are going to Alinea lol. We will have to eat pizza and costco hot dogs the rest of the trip to make up for it, but he reeeally wants to go. 

Post # 4
4239 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

We don’t have any three stars locally but we do have three one stars. I’ve been to one of them and it was great. I also went to a special charity dinner where two of the chefs got together (including the one I’d already been to and did a combined 8 course meal).

Post # 8
2602 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

catskillsinjune :  this sounds amazing! We did a 7 course tasting menu at the 2 Michelin star Marcus Wareing restaurant in London with a full wine pairing and it was incredible. It is also relatively casual, although I remember there was a kid at a table near us and I remember thinking wow those parents are dropping an absolute bomb and that 5 year old couldn’t possibly appreciate it! 

Post # 10
312 posts
Helper bee

I have only been to a 2 star (live in chicago) but I’m dying to go to 11 mad! 

Post # 11
630 posts
Busy bee

I got taken to a Michelin starred restaurant for my 21st birthday by my parents, I’m quite the foodie so it was a real treat! It was honestly beautiful, the food was exquisite! I even got a card and a little extra from the staff. It was hands down the best experience I have ever had! Unfortunately my fiancé wouldn’t appreciate the good food (and would complain over the ‘small’ portions) so I probably won’t ever get the chance to go again but I’m so glad I have experienced it!

Post # 14
4777 posts
Honey bee

We’re headed to Chicago later this summer and have been looking at Alinea, Smyth and Acadia. Favorites or any other suggestions? Thanks!

Post # 15
630 posts
Busy bee

catskillsinjune :  you severely under estimate my fiancé’s stomach capacity 😂 he’s skinny as anything but literally eats 4000 calories a day, I might be able to persuade him but it almost seems a shame knowing he will ask for a McDonald’s or something afterwards 🤣

i might try to convince him anyway for an anniversary at some point! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors